• This topic has 14 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by _tom_.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Off to Woburn tomorrow – has it been biblical rain today?
  • cheers_drive

My new bike arrived yesterday and I wanted to give it a run out at Woburn tomorrow but if it’s rained half as much as it has here today then the trails will be a state.
    Yes I know the trails there drain well but I haven’t seen this much rain in a long, long time.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I can’t tell you about the trails but I’m just up the road at centerparcs. It “cloud burst” for about 30 minutes at about 1 this afternoon, I got soaked to the skin in about 90 seconds, proper biblical stuff. But stopped pretty quick and has been dry since. No rain for the last few days. I’m from North Wales, I’d call it dry 🙂

solamanda
    Free Member

It’s been dry here in Woburn today.

cheers_drive

Thanks, sounds much better than here (Ely). My roads been like a river most of the day

grahamt1980

Should be fine. It was dry last night so any rain will soak in easily.
    Enjoy it’s riding really well at the moment.

oldgit
    Free Member

As said dry and riding well. Tried a demo carbon trance last night, it wad a giggle.

cheers_drive

Great, my only challenge now is the road I take to get to Woburn flooded. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-28713677

fervouredimage
    Free Member

It’s just poured down in MK/woburn for the past 3 hours. Miserable 🙁

marko75
    Free Member

Its still raining here!

grahamt1980

Crapping it down in bedfordshire

stof41
    Free Member

Bright blue skies and drying out nicely now.

oldgit
    Free Member

Blue skies here just 20 minutes ride away. Nippy though.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Yeah, much better today. Come lunch time conditions should be perfect.

deanfbm
    Free Member

Has stuff been rebuilt over woburn way now?

_tom_
    Free Member

Dean, yeah a lot of it has been re built now at least for the DH side of things. Not all lines are open yet and some shut permanently to comply with the new rules. The main ones such as Transfer, Moto and Hip are all open though. So glad as its my local, feels awesome to ride there again after months of Chicksands 🙂 Conditions should be great as well, it was too sandy last week but the rain should have sorted it out. I’ll hopefully be down on Sunday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Off to Woburn tomorrow – has it been biblical rain today?’ is closed to new replies.