Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Off to Torridon :-)
  • Ambrose

So- it is finally decided that team Ambrose are off to Torridon. I worked there many years ago so know about the scenery, the hills and the rocks- but I have no idea about the riding at all. What I’m after is a few suggestions for myself, my wife and my desperately unfit 16 y.o son. Preferably avoiding massive steep uphills, bog-fests and never-ending carrying through boulderstrewn hill slopes… I’m not at all picky.

Any links etc would be welcome, and *.gpxs especially so. Cheers guys 🙂

Ambrose

nick1962
    Free Member

Preferably avoiding massive steep uphills, bog-fests and never-ending carrying through boulderstrewn hill slopes..

You’re going to the wrong place then.

Ambrose

That’s what I’d feared!

So- any suggestions at all then?

FOG

Umm, I think nick1962 is right, there is very little steady riding in that area. Perhaps the first part of the Coulin pass (from the Torridon side ) which is quite scenic past the loch and not too steep until you get further on.

tomd
    Free Member

Have a search on here, there have been a few threads recently about Torridon. There should be plenty of loops for you to enjoy.

As for slightly more mellow stuff, there is an old road which hugs the South shore of the loch from Torridon whoch would make a decent ride if you want something short and easy. There are some bits you can tag on that are quite interesting.

Kenmore to Applecross isn’t very techy, apart from one short section and that would make a good ride if your wife wants to do a longer ride.

gusamc
    Free Member

See my post here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/torridon-area (applecross – kenmore )

nick1962
    Free Member

There’s some forest tracks around the Torridon Inn and you could do an out and back on the first part of the Beinn Damh loop to the top end of the loch,picturesque and flat.
    There’s also an out and back From Diabaig to the old bothy but never done it so don’t know how tricky it is.Can get boggy though and it’s an up and down road ride to get there.
    http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_Venue.aspx?VenueNumber=27

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Off to Torridon :-)’ is closed to new replies.