Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Off to the Alps Sun. Help me pack the car…
  • p7rich
    Free Member

3 series estate. 2 bikes. Only ever had 2 bikes in on their sides with one wheel off each, but that seems very inefficient use of space.

I’m thinking pedals and both wheels off and both upright, kindov stacked against each other…but not sure if i have the headroom and how much horizontal space this will take up?? Need space for rest of luggage alongside.

Benefit of your experiences or just a bit of inspiration required please… 😕

nickdavies

Depends on head room and fork travel but I have 2 inside, down the left had side – upside down forks at the front with front wheels off and seat posts out. Made a bit trickier with these stealth reverbs though. Then 2 front wheels in a wheel bag between the bikes and the door.

This should give plenty of room for kit and you’ll get to keep the single rear seat most likely.

allfankledup

How many people ?

nedrapier

I take front wheels and saddles off, roll/slide them in vertically with the bars turned. Taking pedals off helps if space is tight. This is with hardtails/roadbikes in Mondeo estate.

p7rich
    Free Member

How many people ?

Just me.

Ooh. Hadn’t thought about keeping a back seat. Could be handy.

hot_fiat

I usually take the seat behind the driver either out completely or at least remove the squab. Generates quite a bit if space & means the driver isn’t so cramped.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Off to the Alps Sun. Help me pack the car…’ is closed to new replies.