Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Off to Morzine next week (first time since 2011) – any recommendations?
  • strike
    Free Member

As above, driving over to Morzine this Saturday for a week’s riding.
    Planning to do:

-Passporte route
    -Chatel for a day
    -marked trails out from and around the immediate Morzine area.

I’m not looking for purely DH routes all day/every day! Was thinking about heading over to Samoens for a day to explore there as well.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks-in-advance.

weeksy

don’t practice jumping today/tomorrow and muller your shoulder so you can’t even move, let alone ride a bike.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

you probably wont get too many replies to this as its a well flogged subject with new threads most days. do a search and fill yer boots…

heres one from the other day http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/alps-itinerary

smatkins1
    Free Member

Get yourself over to Les Lindarets then up the Mossettes lift and into Swizerland.

With a bit of route planning you’ll get a nice dose of out of the bike park riding and then you’ll be able to sample some nice ‘quieter’ trails in the Swiss bike parks.

A ride of the Col de Cou is also always a must for me after my arms can bare no more bike park.

No visit to Les Gets planned?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I’m leaving Friday evening.

I have no idea of your riding capabilities but my advice is always just take it easy on the first day.

There’s plenty of riding to be done in a week, don’t push yourself/your limits and spanner yourself until you get the bike, big mountains and trails dialled in properly

Enjoy it and maybe see you out on the mountains (YT Capra AL 1 – yeah I know, me and every other bloke out there)

strike
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. We will venture over to Les Gets for at least one day, probably more.

jambalaya
    Free Member

If you drop me an email I’ll send you some ideas. I much prefer Les Gets riding to Morzine FWIW. Trip to Samoens via the descent from Lac Joux Plan is a great idea, well worth the taxi ride back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Off to Morzine next week (first time since 2011) – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.