• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bol.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Off to Llandegla. Where else to ride near by..?
  • bol

Weekends away have been few and far between in the last year or so. I’ve managed to get a weekend in Wales booked in and settled on Llandegla as a good destination for a couple of middle aged handrail riding mincers (well, my mate is less of a mincer, but is humouring me). Where else is good to ride near by for people with little sense of direction or map reading ability?

jekkyl

the marin trail and penmachno are both within 30/40 mins drive, you’d be better staying somewhere near there (betwyscoed?)

project
    Free Member

have a look at ridetheclwyds website, theyre the hills you look at from the visitor centre,

tthew

There’s a website called ride the Clywd’s with maps of more natural rides around the Moel Famau/Loggerheads area which are pretty easy to follow.

davewalsh
    Free Member

+1 for the marin, I’d happily drive past Llandegla to go there. More climbing than Llandegla and a fair bit of forest road so it may not float your boat. descents are definitely worth it though.

olly2097
    Free Member

Marin. The Clwyd’s. I’d avoid penmachno (personally) nearest you’ve got the Glyn valley. Google Glyn ceiriog and mountain bike for some good trails.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Depending on where you’re heading there from, why not have a look at the Long Mynd on your way there/back?
    Some really nice natural stuff there.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Penmachno was always a favourite but not everyones cup of tea, after that if you venture further in you have Snowdon etc.

HindlePie
    Free Member

Ride the clwyds for some easy XC possibly muddy riding, with cracking views.

Glyn Ceiriog as Olly says. The Pheasant track is a good one to aim for if doing a loop around here.

Marin/Penmachno for more interesting trail centre stuff. Both different, Marin has more fire-road climbing but both have quality descents.

bol

Thanks people.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Off to Llandegla. Where else to ride near by..?’ is closed to new replies.