Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Off to France tomorrow – daughters passport expired – aaaaaaaarrrgh!
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Spammer now deleted

meehaja
    Free Member

ahh. had me puzzled.

samuri
    Free Member

One of our freinds managed to fly her son to Poland using her husbands passport. He has a beard in his passport photo and their son is 7.

LOL! 😉

I’ve been away skiing with a guy who used his brothers passport. The guys I was with weighed about 8 stone, his brother was a clear 20. he was stopped in both directions and they questioned him, he just said he’d lost some weight.

bigdawg
    Free Member

so how did the trip to france go – did the OP get back OK???

40mpg

non, ah aam noo speking een a funny aaccent and eating le frogs legs.

Actually had a worrying few minutes whilst booth windows were shut, supervisors called and hushed discussions had. Then a deep sigh of relief as passports handed back with a frown, slap on the wrist and ‘don’t do it again’.

French couldn’t give a toss, waved everyone straight through. Brits had a queue 100yds long and checking everyone in minute detail, logging all movements into computer etc for a stream of GB plated cars full of families. Yet all the bad guys still have no problem getting here 🙄

Mr_C
    Free Member

I took my motorbike round europe a couple years ago went: UK – Netherlands – Germany – Czech Republic – Germany – Austria – Italy – Switzerland – France – Belgium – France – UK.

Only needed my passport once – to get back into the UK. Why are we so paranoid – the rest of Europe don’t seem to be overrun.

coffeeking
    Free Member

You need to be able to prove your identity using a robust form of ID. an expired passport will do for this purpose

When I tried to use an expired passport for my mortgage application they point blank refused because as it had expired it was no longer a valid form of ID. YMMV, you might well get through the tunnel fine but it is a risk of some potential PITA discussion with the border controls peolpe.

Only needed my passport once – to get back into the UK. Why are we so paranoid – the rest of Europe don’t seem to be overrun.

The rest of europe doesn’t have quite the same population density, exploitable laws and positive view in the eyes of potential illegals I guess.

avdave2

Why are we so paranoid – the rest of Europe don’t seem to be overrun.

What do you mean not overrun, it’s full of bloody foreigners.

globalti
    Free Member

They wake children to check they’re not being abducted, drugged.

ourmaninthenorth

Flight to Milan a few years ago (Mrs North for work, me for hols + bike riding).

At check-in nice and early (to get bike on flight) and attendant says “thank you for both your passports, Mr North – where is yours Mrs North?”

Cue taxi. Frantic phone call from Mrs North “I’ve looked effing everywhere and I can’t find it.”

Just as well I’d seen it in a pile of paperwork a few days before, otherwise I’d have been teaching a summer school on Bioinformatics beside Lake Como…. 😯

RichPenny
    Free Member

I took my motorbike round europe a couple years ago went: UK – Netherlands – Germany – Czech Republic – Germany – Austria – Italy – Switzerland – France – Belgium – France – UK.

Only needed my passport once – to get back into the UK. Why are we so paranoid

All those other countries have thousands of miles of land borders, we’ve just become overprotective because it’s easy for us to do. And as a generalisation the Brits love rules and queueing 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Schengen?
    You would have had to show your passport to re-enter any of those countries if you had left the Schengen area? (Probably).

stuarty
    Free Member

She will be alright as long as she doesnt answer to maddie

Ok sic but.?

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Off to France tomorrow – daughters passport expired – aaaaaaaarrrgh!’ is closed to new replies.