Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Off to Afan, what is the best…..
  • townydc
    Free Member

…beer to drink whilst we’re putting up our tents??

Can’t wait, never been before, will be riding my mountain bike near “real mountains”.

Towny

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Brains is pretty staple anywhere in south Wales. Good beer too. 😀

zilog6128

Had some nice bottled beers from local brewery Neath Ales when I was down that way last week. Brains is OK but pretty mediocre really like most big breweries these days.

Wouldn’t recommend anything on draught though – every place we went to seemed to have some gadget on the pump that gave every beer a thick, creamy head which made all the beers taste like Boddingtons!

IanW
    Free Member

You can that Brains stuff for a pound something down Neath workies but you’ll pay the price in other ways. I would stick try and find something less local.

toby1

If you’re staying at the ponds then be sure to take a hat (anti midge protection). And just drink anything that skyline are selling 🙂

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Cwrw Gorslas from The Kite Brewery is local and Afan Lodge have been selling it. Nice drop.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Skyline cafe had a good selection of bottles from the Brains craft brewery. I wasn’t drinking yesterday 🙁

jimster01

Anything from these people I heartily recommend.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Anything from these people I heartily recommend.

Seem to recall the OSB being rather good.

soobalias
    Free Member

I have no idea which local brewery we were treated to at Afan Lodge. Two different beers on sequential days, both absolutely lovely.
    hth

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Off to Afan, what is the best…..’ is closed to new replies.