• This topic has 62 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Sam.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Off the wall music which you like – List it here :
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Michael B – I'd forgotten about Cornelius. He was really good, like a Japanese Beck. Point is a great LP, don't think I ever owned Fantasma though.

metalheart
    Free Member

New Music For Bowed Piano – Stephen Scott

Lantern – Clogs

Maybe not off the wall but definintely off the beaten track.

Michael-B
    Free Member

chakaping – Highly recommend Fantasma if you like Point I think Fantasma was his first album in 1998

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grumm
    Free Member

Tipper and Si Begg.

Ooh metalheart you are the only other person I have ever seen who likes Clogs – I really like Lantern. 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Onieda
    Mono
    Dead Can Dance
    Black Mountain
    Murcof
    Engineers
    Kid606
    Jay Reatard
    Beirut
    Nortec Collective
    Wooden Shjips
    Johann Johannsson

oh, and kelly Clarkson

Nick

Quite a lot of decent (for once) musical suggestions, but quite a lot of mainstream stuff (Black Moutain ain't off the wall but Druganaut, live, at the Green Man last year was ace)

William Shatner, singing Rocket Man, however, is.

skinnysteel
    Free Member

Tom Waits?

roper
    Free Member

Mr Agreeable

OOh you saw the Residents!!
    How easy did you find it getting hold of tickets and was it a good gig?

DezB
    Free Member

grumm – Member
    Tipper and Si Begg.

Good choice grumm. Si Begg's bass makes me happy 🙂

Anyone know Bridge & Tunnel?

RichPenny
    Free Member

I know Bridge and Tunnel, no idea what, where or how though. Planet mu?

DezB
    Free Member

Not Planet Mu – used to be on Harmsonic. Very cool, almost ambient stuff. Somehow I've managed to own 3 albums by them without knowing a thing about them.
    Just noticed, next to them in the rack Broken Spindles. They're worth checking if you like erm.. off the wall stuff 🙂

tankslapper
    Free Member

Steel Panthers – Death to All But Metal

13thfloormonk

Maybe not off the wall, but "off the beaten track" mixed by Quantic is one of my most treasured CDs.

23 super rare funk/reggae/african cuts with no track listing. To this day me and two of my friends are still desperately trying to figure out who did the last tune, in the slim hope we can buy more of their stuff somewhere…

MrAgreeable

Roper, wan't that hard to get tickets, they played a hey-yuge venue in London (the Forum in Kentish Town, if you know it). It was more of a multimedia performance piece than a gig, if you know what I mean. Part of it was live performance, then they had odd little short films between. It was OK but having heard their bonkers first album (the one with the cover that is basically a Beatles album they've drawn on) I do get the impression they've mellowed with age…

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

It was OK but having heard their bonkers first album (the one with the cover that is basically a Beatles album they've drawn on) I do get the impression they've mellowed with age…

Third Reich'n'Roll is probably my favourite of theirs but the whole apocalyptic bunnyman thing was meant to be awesome. I had a mate who went who raved about it for days. Cuoldn't make it myself and feel like I missed out

MrAgreeable

Heathenwoods, it was pretty fun (and quite creepy) but I wouldn't say it was properly gobsmacking. Then again I'm not that familiar with the Residents (I can't really get into their classic period stuff, it's a bit arch and synth-y) and tend to prefer shouty gigs that encourage the throwing of shapes, so I can well believe that other people raved about it.

13thfloormonk, have a gander here. No ID on the last track though:

http://www.verygoodplus.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3424&page=2

gibby

Ambient black metal anyone?
    Wolves in the throne room
    http://www.myspace.com/wolvesinthethroneroom

Or Doom/Drone possibily?
    Nadja
    http://www.myspace.com/nadjaluv

aP
    Free Member

I must admit that Black Mountain weren't quite what I expected, neither were Engineers who my local kiwi record man suggested were kinda ok. If I wanted Pale Saints lite I'd have bought Pale Saints.
    I do still need to get Thee Hypnotics on cd.

slimtubing
    Free Member

My Bloody Valentine- especially Loveless
    NoMeansNo – 0+2=1
    The Mint Chicks -F*ck the golden youth.

roper
    Free Member

Also Lou Reeds Metal Machine Music

Good luck to anyone who listens to the whole album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr0KkzbbqPI

atlaz
    Free Member

Saw Stars of the Lid (with Lichens supporting) at St Martin in the Fields church last year. Really good gig.

Animal Collective and Battles are two favourites, particularly for eating up commuting road miles.

rowley
    Free Member

West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band

Sam
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Off the wall music which you like – List it here :’ is closed to new replies.