Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Off the shelf 29er wheels with wide rims?
  • NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Looking into getting a 29er front wheel with a wide rim for fitting a fat 2.4″+ tyre to give it a better profile than on a XC rim. Are these available or is 2nd hand the only route? Dont want anything fancy really just want to try it to see how much difference it makes.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Stans flow on hope Pro2? Or something even wider (and cheaper) like a velocity p35?

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at the clearance wheels on CRC, some bargain front wheels on there if you have a 20mm axle.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Should of mentioned – its for rigid forks and QR axle.

njee20
    Free Member

Stans flow on hope Pro2?

+1

GregMay
    Free Member

American Classic Wide Lightning.

I’m riding a pair at the moment – they are utterly fantastic.

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Any suggestions or links to complete wheels?

jonnyrockymountain

Same as gregmay, but mine are 27.5 they are absolutely fantastic, really light, strong, easily for tubeless (so much better than stans), roll for ever and the hubs are superb (same as I have on another bike for a couple of years an no issues) but the thing about the wide lightening rims is massive tyre profile, I run a spesh ground control on front 2.1 and it is huge more like a 2.4, and the rear a 2.0 pacenti quasi moto and same more like a 2.2/2.3 great grip an low rotational weight

jonnyrockymountain

Ps they retail at £599, but I paid £480 at local lbs

limkilde
    Free Member

Ryde Trace Enduro rim 29mm internal 32mm external 495 gr.
    http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/ryde-trace-enduro-rim.htm
    I run it in the 26″ and used them at the Trans Savoie and they are awesome put them on a Hope or DT Swiss hun

Bagstard
    Free Member

If you aren’t too concerned about weight?! I have a nimbus 42mm rim on a funn hub going cheap, currently running tubeless with an almost new Bontrager tyre.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Off the shelf 29er wheels with wide rims?’ is closed to new replies.