Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Off-the-peg 29er options?
  • RR
    Free Member

Right, I’ve decided I want a 29er and I’m still trying to convince myself NOT to get the Fisher Superfly – much as I REALLY want it I just cannot justify that price tag, especially as I kind of need to use finance to pay for the bike this time around.

The need for finance is also part of the reason why I need to go off-the-peg, but for once in my life I also don’t have the time or inclination to spec and build an MTB so I need that decision to be made for me.

I’m loving the look of the Fishers but I don’t like the spec on the Paragon or the Ferrous, and unfortunately there’s nothing to bridge the gap between those and the Superfly (which grates the hell out of me as Superfly spec on the Paragon frame would be perfect, and probably at an ok price!). The Niners on the Stif site look good, but I don’t want to wait 6 weeks for it! If I could find a Cannondale 29er 1 in the UK that would probably sort the issue, but it’s a US bike only so that’s out too.

So what have I missed? There must be SOMETHING out there that fits the bill??

singlespeedstu

Have a word with sam at singular cycles.

He’ll be able to put something together for you.

speaker2animals

Don’t Specialized do a 29er Stumpjumper now? That too may be only US though. Trek 69er 3×9?

Chevin
    Free Member

The Cannondale is not a US only bike. I’ve sold quite a few.(although I’m sold out at the mo!) I have also done a fair few Paragons with upgrades….give me a call!

I can do 24 months 0% on the Superfly if that tempts you! 🙂

It is also our Gary Fisher Weekend this weekend. 29er Demo’s available to ride with Gary Fisher as well.

Matthew

Chevin
    Free Member

Just Checked Cannondales in stock 2-3 days delivery.

speaker2animals

Just been having a look at the Fisher 29ers. Is the spec of the Paragon really too low rent for you? The superfly price hike is obviously down to the Carbon frame doesn’t seem to meet any great leap in parts spec. But that’s obviously my opinion. I’d personally go for a Paragon and just try to get the brakes upgraded to Elixirs and a 185mm rotor. Top bike.

If I was working and had money I could be very tempted myself. Would love a HT to add to my stable.

si_brodiebikes
    Free Member

Chumba HX2, I can do a great build for about 2k but I am afraid i dont offer finance 🙁

RR
    Free Member

“Just been having a look at the Fisher 29ers. Is the spec of the Paragon really too low rent for you? The superfly price hike is obviously down to the Carbon frame doesn’t seem to meet any great leap in parts spec. But that’s obviously my opinion. I’d personally go for a Paragon and just try to get the brakes upgraded to Elixirs and a 185mm rotor. Top bike.”

The Superfly has lighter, nicer wheels and is wearing X.0 over X.9 as well as Juicy Ultimates over Juicy 5s, a carbon post over an alu one and a much nicer chainset… Ok so not entirely significant upgrades, but expensive ones, and given that it’s set to be an endurance / marathon bike I want to keep the weight down as much as possible. Sure, the carbon frame kills it price-wise, but even that has its benefits in comfort, even if the price does sting like mad!

On the Paragon I’d want to upgrade the wheels, brakes and chainset straight away, and further down the line the seatpost would go carbon and the X.9 would make way for X.0 or XTR anyway – if you knew me you’d know that I don’t ‘need’ these upgrades necessarily, but also that I’d never be happy with the bike until I had them! Just WISH they did a ‘Superfly Alu’!!

RR
    Free Member

Oh, and Si – sorry dude, appreciate the thought but that Chumba is nasty! 😆

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

The Speccy Stumpy 29er is quite a nice bike, and AFAIK still available in the UK.

SSP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Off-the-peg 29er options?’ is closed to new replies.