Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Off set bushes with a Cane Creek Double Barrel shock
  • cardo

Looking at the Cane Creek Double Barrel coil shock for my Five..

Has anyone fitted off set bushes to the CCDB and run them on an Orange five or any bike ?.. or are they unnecessary and I’m over thinking this..

My thinking is that the RP23 air shock with the off set bushes really works as the bike is more confidence inspiring on the downs but starts to get out of its depth as the air shocks characteristics come to the front…. all the reviews on the CCDB for a single pivot bike are very good and it seems to be a good mod, if a little heavy, but the off set question is something I can’t find the answer to… so is there anyone out there who has done this?

doof_doof
    Free Member

Running offset bushings (made by me) with a CCDB on a horst link frame. Quite happy with the mod. The CCDB sits deeper in its travel than the Float, and the bushes seem to accentuate this squat/low rear and slacker overall feel. Not sure if that helps at all!

cardo

ahh right so the CCDB will make the bike slacker (sit lower) anyway with standard bushes compared to the air shock ?…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zero-cool
    Free Member

Contact http://www.offsetbushings.com. £10 each and Jeron is very helpful.
    Mine took 3 rides to stop creaking and are now running as smooth as the standard ones it had before.
    They work really well with Orange Bikes – mine are fitted to my Alpine.

Surely the CCDB will only sit lower in its travel if you choose to set it up that way. I’d suggest you get some offset bushings (£20 a pair) as you can try them out. And if you don’t like them refit the old ones. Or keep them for more DH days/Alps trips. After fitting them to mine I liked the slackened geometry so much I added a -1 Works headset which has taken my HA down to 63-64 degrees. The alpine still climbs as well but now being slacker, lower with a longer wheelbase is is even more planted on the descents.

Tom KP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Off set bushes with a Cane Creek Double Barrel shock’ is closed to new replies.