Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Off roading riding near Runcorn?
  • Merlot
    Free Member

Hi, visiting the UK from NZ and spending a couple of weeks staying with the inlaws in Runcorn. I have managed to get my hands on an MTB for this period so I am wondering what’s around both from the door and short car trip if anyone can help?
    Cheers.

ourmaninthenorth

Just along the motorway (M56) is Delamere Forest – may need local guidance. A bit farther along is Llandegla, a trail centre.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

More than happy to show you around Delamere..

Russell96

Within riding distance (incl some cheeky) of Delamere. Then there are the Clwyds http://www.ridetheclwyds.com or http://www.mbnw.co.uk or I guess you could class the Peak District to be within a shortish drive of Runcorn also.

mysterymove
    Free Member

There’s some cheeky stuff in the hips behind Frodsham too if you wanted to ride there!

geordiemick00
    Free Member

Rivington Pike and Belmont is about 45 mins away too

loddrik
    Free Member

Loads close by. Peaks is less than an hour away. In addition to that mentioned above, Clwyds 40 mins away, Penmachno an hour and a half away, same for CyB.

Merlot
    Free Member

Many thanks guys, plenty to work through there, you may have just helped save me going insane and having to spend to weeks sat in a room with my inlaws drinking tea and watching quiz shows on the tv.

bigpole
    Free Member

Clwyds and Llandegla both only 40 mins away from Runcorn

acidchunks

If you’re used to riding on big mountains in NZ I’d imagine Delamere might be a bit disappointing as there’s not much elevation.

Llandegla would be your closest & best option especially if you like getting your wheels off the ground.

For more technical physically demanding big bloody grin on your face bouncing over rocks as fast as you can fun…the Beast of Brenin trail (38km) at Coed y Brenin is hard to beat. There’s a brilliant cafe half way round that serves the most f’kin amazing scones.

Don’t know what bike you’ve borrowed but in case you’re worried about breaking it both llandegla and CyB hire out reasonable spec bikes.

snowpaul
    Free Member

hi there,

I am local to there – drop me an email snowpaul at hotmail co uk – I am happy to help you out – I was helped loads when i was travelling in NZ !

paul

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Off roading riding near Runcorn?’ is closed to new replies.