Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Off-road route from Watford to Soho?
  • monsta
    Free Member

Hi,

Has anyone ridden or worked out an off-road route (or as close as) to get from Watford to central London and can send me it?

Cheers,

Monsta.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Grand union canal?

IanMunro
    Free Member

What 2unfit said.

oldgit
    Free Member

That's a toughie.
    Can you link up with Aldenham then to Scratchwoods, then somehow look to link Barnet to Hampstead Heath and err thingy the last bit!

Sam

Not easy. Though I have a mostly back roads route I do to Victoria quite regularly if that's of any interest?

monsta
    Free Member

Thanks Sam, I need to get to Soho. I was gonna do the GUC from my pad in Tring to Watford then had a look at google maps for Watford to Soho and saw roads…

oldgit
    Free Member

I used to roadie to Soho from Hemel Hempstead at weekends to meet the club that ran out of the little bike shop down there.
    Out of interest where do you off road locally, I'm just over the road in Leighton Buzzard.

Junkyard
    Free Member

will you still have the energy to make the visit to soho worthwhile?

finnegan
    Free Member

oldgit, Hemel to Soho, roughly which way at the Hemel end? At all pleasant? When I'm tee'd off with the trains, I pipe-dream Berko to the smoke, but I'm put off by just thinking about the route I'd take in the car.

Sam – I'd be very interested in your mostly backroads route Watford to Victoria, please.

oldgit
    Free Member

I can't remember the road name, but I took the road that went past Nash Mills, The Ovaltine factory and joined the A41 by the old aerodrome and Rolls Royce factory.
    I commuted from Woodhall Farm in Hemel to Staples corner every day, 74 miles a day.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Off-road route from Watford to Soho?’ is closed to new replies.