Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Off-road mudguards on rigid forks. What works?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Run a Mudhugger on the suss bike, but collecting the rigid singlespeed from the folks’ soon in readiness for the autumn/winter. I’ve run a Crud Catcher (or similar) in the past, but the Mudhugger has convinced me there’s a better way of blocking winter filth.

Anyone had genius ideas on how to mount ‘enduro’ guards on braceless rigid forks?

Stevet1
    Free Member

You can get ones with a bung that fits into the bottom of your steerer. If you really must…

DrP

I run a crud catcher on the downtube, and an enduroguard on the fork – works really well…

DrP

fasthaggis

I run a crud catcher on the downtube, and an enduroguard on the fork – works really well…

Same as this ^^

joshvegas
    Free Member

Inner tube round the legsthen mudhugger attached to legs only.

Held absolutely fine for me?

faustus

Check out the singletrack review of the Brother Cyles Big Bro 29er, uses mudhuggers on a rigid bike and it looks good (for mudguards) – good pics showing it

EDIT – I’ve also see people use a fat version of enduro guards for more coverage on the fork, and as above, good coverage combined with a crud catcher on the downtube

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A bit of duck-tape wrapped around the fork, keeps the mud from flinging up towards my face all winter. A bit of innertube worked too but was more fff to zip tie.

scotroutes

joshvegas – Member
    Inner tube round the legsthen mudhugger attached to legs only

I just use insulating tape.

benp1

I have the one that attaches to the bung under the rigid fork crown. Forgotten what it’s called, but it’s very effective as it follows the wheel/tyre always, not just when it’s in line with the frame

Looks crap though!

ads678

I’ve used a mucky nutz bender fender before now. works fine.

avdave2

I just split open and old tube and run that around the legs just above the tyre. Pull it taut and you can superglue the overlap or run some tape around. Basically a bodged neo guard. No awards for aesthetics but then my rigid bike is never cleaned so it’s always hard to see it anyway. I use it in conjunction with a crud catcher.

zippykona

A rear 26 inch crud guard cable tied to my forks.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I just use insulating tape.

Mr fancy pants.

rOcKeTdOg

I run a mudhugger FR on a singular rigid fork, never budges works very well https://www.instagram.com/p/BWPmqbXDFNU/

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Thanks all. I shall embrace the way of the bodge, probably featuring a Crud Catcher and some Gorilla Tape.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

You can get ones with a bung that fits into the bottom of your steerer.

SKS Grand DAD bought from Athleteshop at the start of the year, £9 I think I paid, now seems to be considerably more thanks to weak pound.

medoramas
    Free Member

Mudhugger, zip-tied around the legs only. The top holes “closed” with electrical/gorilla tape.

BillOddie

Thanks all. I shall embrace the way of the bodge, probably featuring a Crud Catcher and some Gorilla Tape.

It’s what I did on my Karate Monkey and Krampus. Works well.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Off-road mudguards on rigid forks. What works?’ is closed to new replies.