Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Off Road Mountain Biking Clothing and Protection
  • poynton53
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

My names Dan and I am a final year product design student.

After suggestion from some of you I have designed a small questionnaire to aid me in my research. It shouldnt take more than two minutes.

Thankyou very much for the time you give to help me. Please follow the link below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Yd0YTwRTivdI2RXJ86xRSQGhTxoRfojH-gz2 z72GQw/viewform

If you would like any more information please contact me.

legend
    Free Member

link doesn’t work (even using the full thing)

poynton53
    Free Member

Thankyou legend, the source is now sorted (dont know what went on there!!)

Here is the new, working link

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Yd0YTwRTivdI2RXJ86xRSQGhTxoRfojH-gz2z72GQw/viewform

cinnamon_girl

Can a girlie ask a question? What exactly is the purpose of this questionnaire?

For example, you ask about a base layer so for me the important thing is that it’s made from a fabric that wicks sweat away without leaving me feeling cold. That isn’t mentioned.

I’m just a bit confused!

Edit: your q about mountain bike jerseys makes no mention of technical fabric, why not?

poynton53
    Free Member

Hi cinnamon girl,

Sorry for the confusion! I should have added material as an option on the jersey question although the purpose of the questionnaire is to aid a design that will be presented at New Designers. Through prior research I already have some materials which I wish to experiment with and therefore it was mainly the comfort and layout of the jersey which I was curious about.

At the current moment I am mainly experimenting with layout and the general selling points of the jersey, although I do agree materials will hold vital importance when it comes to producing the final prototype.

Dont be afraid to throw another question at me!

Thanks
    Dan

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for the explanation Dan. Assuming that the materials you’ve researched are wicking with flat seams etc? I personally feel that fabric is the most important consideration for something worn on the top half of the body.

To be honest my base layers/standalone layers are made by companies such as Berghaus, Lowe Alpine, North Face etc. I personally find mtb jerseys to be made of nasty cheap fabric with poor breathability.

Do tell me to shut up though. 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Off Road Mountain Biking Clothing and Protection’ is closed to new replies.