Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Off road motorcyle enduro MTB style?
  • dnjhnsn
    Free Member

Having raced in off-road motorcycle time card enduro events and now a keen MTBr, are there MTB events that follow the same system?
    For those that are unsure about the system, typically there is a course marked out in a loop, the loop is split into 3 stages one of which will be a timed section and the other 2 the rider is allocated a time in which to make it through, if rider is late he/she loses points. The allocated time gets smaller as the day progresses typically 3-4laps for championship class – clear as mud?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I have also thought a similar type of event could be interesting and might even get round the illegallity of racing cycles on bridleways with penalties for being early as well as late at the checkpoints. The special tests could be held on private land or sections not running along/across bridleways. The riders could be set off in small groups thus avoiding the issue of large group tactics and drafting which would also mean less queueing at technical sections. I guess one issue would be finding the manpower to man checkpoints and the initial outlay on timing equipment, you would need to check with someone like Colin Palmer at IMBA to verify the legal stuff but as it is only an off road version of reliability trials as held by the CTC it could be ok.

dnjhnsn
    Free Member

I think it would work once people understood what it was all about. Also I think it would make a good change from a straight forward race, with riders having to workout time cards etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Off road motorcyle enduro MTB style?’ is closed to new replies.