Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • off piste skiing
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

” Zammermoos chair “

Ah yes there is a short black piste leading to the bottom of this chair. But there are two parallel gullies on the right ( going down) which are easily accessed from above and were mucho fun! They just drop you below the chair onto the happy valley run down to the village.

I also remember dropping into st Christophe from behind the Galzig Bahn top station. Got bogged at the bottom when it goes flat -,virtually swam through snow to the hospitz alm for a hot chocolate.

The other but I remember is numerous runs off the old two man chair at the highest point on rendl leading down to the normal pistes.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks for the St Anton advice folks. I’ve done a reasonable amount of off piste before so I won’t do anything (too) daft. Mostly just talking about fun in between runs and under chairlifts etc. Loads of that at Zell am Ziller where I’ve just been.

NZCol

Do you bindings up so they will not come off. You will not suffer injury from skis not releasing in powder.

Remind me never to get taught by you.

nbt

QFT

Powder traces for me, thanks

alexxx
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/UZlUjArB6H8?t=1m13s[/video]

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Dont fall

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Cheers for all the tips, didnt manage to get any lessons but did pop my off piste cherry – got loads of time off piste and only one off. Certainly helped to have some pointers 🙂

oliverd1981
    Free Member

It make me chuckle when skiers lose their skis in the powder – where’s the shame of getting some leashes or ribbons – you made snowboarders wear them for long enough.

legend
    Free Member

I get a chuckle when snowboarders are face down in the snow and can’t move cause they’re still strapped to their board 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It make me chuckle when skiers lose their skis in the powder – where’s the shame of getting some leashes or ribbons – you made snowboarders wear them for long enough.

Ok probably my comments around bindings were not appropiate for beginners off piste, but I would argue that you SHOULD be of a standard moving off piste that you know how to fall not to really hurt yourself.

As I said though, ribbons will not help, if your ski comes off in proper powder on a reasonably steep slope, you will not be getting back up the slope any time soon, or putting it back on.

Glad you enjoyed it Bushwacked.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

ribbons will not help, if your ski comes off in proper powder on a reasonably steep slope, you will not be getting back up the slope any time soon, or putting it back on.

they would if the other end was attached to your boot – just reel ’em in!

gravity-slave
    Free Member

if the other end was attached to your boot – just…

…let them smash you round the head as you tumble down the hill!

I learnt on old school plate bindings with tethers, believe me it’s the last thing you want if you have a proper crash – I’d rather loose a ski!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Had a great time – even learnt how to climb up a slope to find a ski in deep powder! Probably the hardest thing I’ve done for a while

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘off piste skiing’ is closed to new replies.