Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Off Piste Cannock
  • bigyim
    Free Member

I have heard alot of other people on here and other forums talking about how good cannock is with secret trails sounding like they are harder to find than Narnia. Does anyone have any alternatives to FTD and the monkey. Been up there a few times and done those but would like to do something a bit different. Anyone care to give me some clues as to where i’d start going off piste?

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Most off piste stuff is nothing more than regular natural XC trails, nothing to get excited about, in fact, the Forestry Commission are currently on the rampage cutting down lots of trees (due to wood prices) and are destroying a lot of trails that have been in existence a long time in the process. Huge tracks left by machinery, jumps torn down, trails into deep woods completely trashed, no exaggeration. 🙁

My regular local loops are now quite limited and it’s seriously getting to the point where I might as well just ride the Dog n’ Monkey as it’s getting hard to link trails together with any decent flow.

Seriously, don;t waste your time thinking you will find much in the way of real gems, try off piste in Wales for that.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Nearly forgot, there are some nice steep twisty trails around the monkey area, If I was you, I’d join this forum – http://wmmtbforum.co.uk/forum/ if you haven’t already and ask the locals if they would be happy to meet up and show you round.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

there are no trails at cannock

move along

Keef
    Free Member

what is this ‘cannock’ you speak of ?

chalkstorm
    Free Member

Just off to brave the Monkey crowds…. but at only 7 minutes ride away, it’s worth it….

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

xckeith1 – what is this ‘cannock’ you speak of ?

down by newquay init ❓

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Off Piste Cannock’ is closed to new replies.