Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Off on tour … :)
  • Sue_W
    Free Member

Heading off now on a little cycle tour through mid and north Wales … first tour of the year. The sun is shining, bike ready, and my pannier is full to bursting (I still haven’t managed the art of packing lightly!) I’m really looking forward to 3 days cycling through the mountains and back round the coast – fantastic scenery, beaches and castles 🙂

Cycle touring is ACE!

Anyone else got any cycle tours planned – from mini adventures to epics?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Excellent, don’t forget spare battery’s for your camera.

Stay safe.

boblo
    Free Member

Where are you going? I’m planning a Cambs to N Wales to Pembroke to Lowestoft in a couple of weeks and we’re doing the Way of the Roses this weekend on the tandem. Apart from that, nowt else yet 🙁

Enjoy your trip.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Sounds good. Nowt epic planned this year, but I have a few Scottish loops mapped out.

mugsys_m8

Have fun Sue, sounds great.

We’re planning to return to Denmark for 3 weeks this summer with the two kids. Planning on going north. Last year we did the Islands.

Can’t wait to be wild* camping on a beach somewhere.
    * In the official free wil sites.

Dan

nbt

Off to Belgium in a few weeks – overnight ferry from hull to Zeebrugge, then a trip round Ypres, Ghent and Bruges. Two nights in each so we’ve time to wander round the town on the day off. Had a practice pack the other night and amazingly we can fit everything we think we’ll need into a pair of panniers!

lowey

Not jealous in the slightest Sue. Lovely countryside for it too.

Have fun.

johnny63
    bigbeard
    Free Member

I’m also off to Belgium in a couple weeks on the overnight Hull / Zeebrugge ferry. We’re going as a family on our first cycle tour. We’re only going to cycle to Brugge (kids are 6 & 8 so that’s probably far enough), stay there a couple of nights and then head back.

The kids are dead excited by the idea of cycling onto the ferry!

Bought a map of the belgian cycle routes from here:
    Brugse Ommeland Noord

ir_bandito
    Free Member

2 day road-ride planned for bank holiday weekend.
    From my in-laws in Essex, to my folks in West Yorkshire on sunday, then home to Northumberland on monday. No panniers, just a saddle bag with clean set of clothes, and a frame bag full of food.

Training ride for the LEL in July…

Enjoy yours!

nbt

It’ll be great. It’s dead flat from zeebrugge to brugge, only about 10 or 12 miles

This might be useful

http://fietsroute.org/Cycling_Planner_Belgium.php

saxabar
    Free Member

Sue – do you have a sharable route or are you making it up as you go? I have something similar planned too.

quartz
    Free Member

Not a ‘tour’, but a few days in the Lakes soon. Middle-aged codgers pootling around slowly and eating and drinking.

Hoping to visit a bit of South America by bike next autumn though. Lots of planning required for that one.

DougD

A mate of mine is currently 6,000km into his tour of South America, started at Ushuaia and now in La Paz:
    Blog etc here:
    The Cycling Doctors

Pickers

Just got back a week ago from 500 miles around Scotland and the Western Isles. Weather mixed, riding ace!
    Met a chap up there 1/4 of the way through a 6,000 mile trip around UK and Europe.

Doing the Hadrians Wall Cycleway in a months time – Mrs Pickers first ever tour!

shaley
    Free Member

Damn it. I am supposed be revising, but now all I can think about is where I want to go touring. Currently thinking Sweden. Anyone else been riding there?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Doing the Hadrians Wall Cycleway in a months time

Wave when you come past Hexham 🙂

StirlingCrispin

Heading to Cape Wrath next week.
    Train to Inverness tomorrow and then Ullapool, Achmelvich, Durness, CW, and then back to Inverness via Tain and Nig.

Third time I’ve been to Cape Wrath – and love the NW of Scotland 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Off on tour … :)’ is closed to new replies.