Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • "Off Beat Bikes", Fort William.
  • Blackfoot

Big up for Off Beat Bikes of Fort William for saving a 4 day ride out with the chaps and Rolymo in the Fort William area. Picture the scene, on day 1 whilst descending the very tricky route off Blackwater Reservoir towards Kinlochleven I manage to wreck a piston on my rear brake caliper .To cut a long story short Off Beat Bikes took my bike in on the Saturday afternoon and despite being very busy , repaired the knackered caliper at a very reasonable price. Top work Jesse, it took loads of stick over the next couple of days on the Nevis red route, Witches trail and surely the best descent in the UK , the Devils Staircase into Kinlochleven. If you have any bike calamities in this area look up these guys, they do a great job.

trail_rat
    Free Member

cracking shop and jesses quite the rider – his sx trail was very quick down aenoch mor … and other SDA downhill races … top 5 kinda guy in senior

if your 2cv breaks down he will sort that too !

+1

A mates leaky Hope caliper fixed and bled within a day.

Another mates popped rear derailleur tension spring fixed there and then.

julioflo
    Free Member

+2 Sorted me out with a bunch of new spokes and a retrued rear wheel on John O Groats to Lands End last summer at the drop of a hat. Hardly had time for a cuppa and cake.

walleater

I'll always remember 'guiding' Jesse on his first day in Whistler. We were riding along the Lost Lake trails and I stopped to show the newbies how to ride down a rock roll. We all rolled down it slowly, and then out of nowhere he came sprinting in at an angle, launched himself in the air, whipping the back wheel around and landing half way down the roll. I think he was only one of a couple or so riders to hit a big road gap in Squamish too.

Mounty_73

2 years ago…. I was up there and they sorted my forks out for me on the first day, it was only a very young lad…..great service ! 🙂

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Sounds like thinks have changed a lot there since I last used them in 2001 then!

I was charged double price for a free hub, £20 to fit it, then a £15 'emergency' labour charge for them to do the work the same day. They knew I needed to ride, so took me for one! They still spent a couple more hours fitting pedals to some new bikes they'd got in before doing it for me.

Then they hired one of my friends a £200 giant piece of junk and sent him up the DH track on it. When the inevitable crash happened and a seat rail popped out he was charged £40 to 'replace' it, before putting the seat in a vice and putting the rail back in right in front of me.

Good things have changed, but I still make sure I have all my tools and spares with me when I go so I don't have to use the bike shops up there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘"Off Beat Bikes", Fort William.’ is closed to new replies.