Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • OE tyres
  • imnotverygood

Slightly confused here. I always thought OE tyres are different to ‘normal’ ones. If only for the fact that they don’t come in a box and you sometimes run the risk taht they are not the same spec. I’ve just bought a set of Conti4000s They come in the same box as standard and everything about them suggests that they are blcak chilli etc, so why are they OE?

leffeboy

OE usually means what comes on the bike as you get it, not what you buy afterwards. So in this case I’m not sure what your OE tyres are?

imnotverygood

Yes, that’s the point. They are stuff designated to be to be on a bike when it is sold as standard, so they don’t come in boxes. But in this case they are boxed and seem to be normal spec. I is confused 😐

drovercycles
    Free Member

I think the point is – what makes you say the tyres you’ve bought *are* OE?

raisinhat
    Free Member

Maybe they’re from a shop that mark some of their items as OE? Evans do for example. To answer your question, I guess that not all OE tyres are the crummy plastic compound ones, some manufactures do spec decent tyres.

imnotverygood

I think the point is – what makes you say the tyres you’ve bought *are* OE?

Because:

Maybe they’re from a shop that mark some of their items as OE? Evans do for example

raisinhat has in fact spotted the very tyres & retailer. They are selling at £12 an end cheaper than non-OE tyres. The label with the price on says ‘OE’ but I really can’t see what the difference is and I can’t imagine that Conti sell them to bike manufacturers in a retail box.

unovolo
    Free Member

From what I can gather ‘OE’ tyres are normally what are supplied direct to a manufacturer to be fitted directly to the bike and ‘can’ be a different spec to retail tyres, such as a harder compound, lower TPI etc.

Not aware of OE tyres coming in normal retail boxes though so who knows?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘OE tyres’ is closed to new replies.