Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Odd Sized Hub Bearings
  • mackenru

Hi folks

Is there anyone out there that can help me source some “non-standard” bearings for a hub?

I have a 2005 Iron Horse 7POINT3 with OEM hubs and the bearings in the front hub are shot. My LBS are having difficulty sourcing a replacement set from all of their usual suppliers and a few other “out of the box thinking” suppliers.

Now I’m no expert here but the good mechanic in my LBS said that what I’m looking for are the following;

6904/61904 2RS bearings

Apparently you can get different types of bearings dependant on usage so these need to of the “burly” variety as this is my downhill bike.

Any help would be greatly received, thanks in advance

Ruairidh

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I get my bearings from a local bearing supplier who sell to the public. I gave them a call and they have these in stock £6 each + vat. Do a Google search to see if there are any near you. If they don’t stock them I’m sure they could get them. The 4 digit number is the model of the bearing, the 2 RS bit just means “2 rubber seals” which is recommended for MTBs.

Or, if you fancy, give my local place a call and I’m sure they’ll pop them in the post.

Leek Bearings 01538 381489

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Google shows loads of 6904 2rs bearings, from unbranded types at about £2, branded bearings like skf/koyo/fag, to fancy ceramic jobs which cost a fortune.

I use cheap non stainless bearing off ebay. Fine so far.

mackenru

Thanks Guys

Oddly enough for me I seem to have completely forgotten about Google and have found a good few online retailers so will see what my LBS says and make the necessary purchase.

Cheers

Ruairidh

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

No worries. I’m always a bit afraid of saying the G word in these types of posts as some take it as an insult. None was intended!

mackenru

Absolutely none taken – twas a total “doh” moment for me. Put a couple of posts on differing forums including this one and then had my moment of enlightenment and ran a Google search. Needless to say there were a lot of subsequent posts stating the obvious ;o)

Happy days…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Odd Sized Hub Bearings’ is closed to new replies.