Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Odd shoes
  • iDave
    Free Member

Some of these arrived today. Ideal for, well not entirely sure yet. But very comfy and I like them….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If you’re happy to be seen in those, it would explain a lot.

druidh
    Free Member

Handy for lightweight touring. Do they do any other colours?

elaineanne
    Free Member

fold up shoes…oh canvas looks thin..if your not sure then why did you buy them 😉

iDave
    Free Member

They’re quite tough nylon outer with felt lining, I got some black ones – they do orange, green and purple. They’re really for assisting my efforts at compact and lightweight global travel and so on etc, and I also like shoes.

Deadly, embrace non-conformity – I’m sure even you can break out of being a fashion victim 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ve been contemplating some five fingers for that purpose…

TooTall
    Free Member

They look like they are trying really hard to be something. Not sure what it is, but shoes shouldn’t really try that hard at anything.

druidh
    Free Member

UK supplier?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well zip up shoes have been a long time coming – I can tellya. The amount of times I’ve said to myself “I wish I my shoes could be folded and then zipped up”.

Now at last, I need no longer worry about flat unfolded shoes.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Link?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m sure even you can break out of being a fashion victim

So because your shoes look shit, that makes me a fashion victim? Erm…right…

iDave
    Free Member

andy7t2
    Free Member

what i dont understand is why the zip, it’s not smaller just a different shape and make the sole a lot weaker.

sold to niche people,for large amounts of cash, who think they are saving space if you ask me.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Shoe shaped purses? At least the coin compartment has a good capacity.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think Mr. Shake is onto something. The OP has bought (?) a couple of pricey coin purses.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like the idea of lightweight shoes for travelling light, but if you really want to travel light it’s pretty easy to take only the shoes you are wearing, so it’s moot really.

Oh and I think they look brill as shoes, I’d wear them even if they weren’t foldable 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

what i dont understand is why the zip, it’s not smaller just a different shape

Well that’s the point – you can pop them in your pockets. You’d look pretty silly with an unfolded shoe poking out of your pocket.

colournoise

The Southern Yeti – Member
    I’ve been contemplating some five fingers for that purpose…

Good call. Felt a tad weird at first but wouldn’t be without mine now.

slainte 8) rob

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Flip flops and a laccy band 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I fancy some of those Five Fingers. Had a dream about running barefoot the other day, it was cool.

Yeti – I did my 2.5 mile in record time yesterday, you’ll be pleased to know 🙂

iDave
    Free Member

Coins and hidden secret documents will not remain in place inside folded flip flops, laccy band or not. I sense deeply imbedded foot envy.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Running or riding Molly?

I’m doing the Cwm Carn uplift on Thursday… most probably followed by a lap of the Twrch…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You need whatever sense you’re using checked.

I’m glad you like them though. Where were they made?

molgrips
    Free Member

Running of course. Are you going on your own Yeti? I might join you for the Twrch.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have a day off on Thursday 🙂

MrNutt
    Free Member

obviously designed for the spd wearing real ale drinker unhappy with skidding across the flagstone bar floor.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Where did my post go?

Yep on my own, everyone else is working and I need to get myself / bike right for Trans Provence.
    Would be good to have company on the Twrch… no record attempts though this time!

Darcy… what have you got planned?

sc-xc

They look ace until you get shitomas. Then you’re in trouble….

oddjob
    Free Member

Have any of you lot got some 5 fingers?

I would like some, but would have to buy online (size 13 feet) so I am concerned about the sizing as it seems a bit special

Any tips?

Keva
    Free Member

oddjob… yes I’ve a pair of fives. Definitely need to be fitted properly by someone who knows about them, not just anyone working in an outdoor shop who happens to know a bit about tents. Be prepared to be in the shop for about an hour trying on about four or more different pairs before finding the correct fit. It also takes a while to get used to putting them on yourself, don’t run too far to begin with.

Kev

bikebouy
    Free Member

If them shoes are for travelling then they’ll do the jobbie, can’t think the zip tab will annoy much mind ❗ nor break off the 2nd time you try and zip em’ up when covered in sand/mud etc.
    Saloman do some of these which are pretty ace and uber comfy..

and in black, of course. I went round India in a pair of these dontchaknow.

molgrips
    Free Member

BB – yes.. you’d have to go somewhere dry with those 🙂

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I’ll give the zip 6 short walks around a local park before it’s spangled

theman
    Free Member

…and/or covered in dog pops.

thegreatape
    Free Member

That zip up shoe looks like an excellent solution.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member
    Whos_Daddy
    Free Member
    andy7t2
    Free Member

Well that’s the point – you can pop them in your pockets. You’d look pretty silly with an unfolded shoe poking out of your pocket.

and why do you feel the need to walk round with a pair shoes in your pocket

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Odd shoes’ is closed to new replies.