• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cp.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Odd road STIs, will i…
  • D0NK

die be reminded of what a cheapskate I am every time I rest my hands on them?
    Currently running SS on my CX bike, going to put a 1×10 on (yes I may be a fashion whore) so I only really need a right hand STI and as they aren’t exactly cheap I’m considering just getting the one and keep using my old left hand brake. So, bad idea? Will the slightly different ergonomics start to annoy/chafe on longer rides?

In case it matters Tektro brake and tiagra STI, I know the tektros have a “boxier” feel to them compared to my 105s, dunno how they compare to tiagra tho.

cp

I can do you a pair of 105 5600 STI’s, the RH 10 speed shifter works perfectly, the LH ratchet mechanism is bust for the shifter, the brake works fine.

Basically ideal for a 1×10 setup. I was goign to build a 1×10 CX but plans have changed. You can have the pair for £40 posted.

OR I can sell you a 5600 LH only with a broken ratchet for £15 posted.

Chris

D0NK

ygm cp

anyone know if the ratchet system can be stripped out of the lever? just thinking about saving a little unnecessary weight

bloody hell I’m guessing not, very complicated, no wonder they cost a bomb

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cp

yeah, if you want it to continue working even as a brake lever, I’d leave well alone. I am a super cheap skate, and will bodge until the nth degree to save spending cash, but the STI mechanism is not worth touching!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Odd road STIs, will i…’ is closed to new replies.