Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Odd question: Track pump which requires very little effort to pump?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Looking for one for a mate who can only use one arm, any recommendations of particularly low force-to-make-it-pump track pumps?

cheers

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I can get up to about 60 psi with my Rennkompressor using one arm (while the other one holds the worn out connector onto the valve !):

http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=442

kilo

+1 on the sks renkompressor or a cheapo compressor

somafunk

You’ll be after a pump with a slim barrel as that will take less effort (but more strokes) to inflate his tyres,

I use a wiggle Lifeline Professional track pump which is easy to get up to pressure but it has a stiff-to-use lever on the valve head which may prove problematic to your mate – i use two hands to attach the head.

Something like this Leyzyne Steel floor pump may be suitable as it has an easy fit head, slim barrel and being made of steel it should be stable to use one handed.

edhornby

foot pump !!!

wanmankylung
    Free Member

My kids can get tyres to 100psi using a Joe Blow Sport 2 single handedif that’s any good (and if they still sell them)

walla24
    Free Member

Edhornby that’s a great work around, cheers!

kilo

thinking a bit more about this I have one of the hirame pump ends on my track pump (originally set up for disc tt wheel) they clip on to the valve easily and stay there might be worth putting one on the eventual purchase – cheaper versions are available a pup head of beauty

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bontrager Turbocharger HP (High pressure version) is really easy to use. Smart head too so fits anything with no faffing.

simon_g

You can get handheld battery air compressors, plenty of pro team mechanics have them. Looks a bit like a cordless drill but with a hose where the chuck would be. The nicer ones have a pressure gauge too so you can measure, give it a bit more, measure, without removing the hose.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Odd question: Track pump which requires very little effort to pump?’ is closed to new replies.