Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Odd question of the day? Corrugated metal roofing – discuss.
  • kilo

Any one use this stuff? I may have to re-roof an old cow shed which has a rusty tin roof. Is corrugated metal roofing all much of a muchness? I was thinking of some box section stuff but only because it looks a bit more modern.

AlexSimon

Nearly bought some for my shed.
    If you don’t need drip lining or insulation, then there’s plenty around.

Many places will have job ends or unpaid orders cheap in random colours/etc to save money.

I think I was choosing between olive green and juniper green:
    http://www.mcsroofing.co.uk/colour-chart/

partyboy1101
    Free Member

Standard for roofs is goosewing grey, less susceptible to heat gain than darker colours.

johndoh
    Free Member

Just a thought (as my father in law did this in his tractor shed recently), he part covered in clear plastic stuff (basically the pitch of the shed you can see from his house is in attractive ‘shingle tiles’, the opposing pitch is in the ugly plastic stuff) but it means it is always very bright inside so no need for lighting.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’m really tempted to use some on my workshop roof, i really like the aesthetic of a tin roof. and i quite like the noise when it rains. if i could find a pile cheap i defeinitely would.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Odd question of the day? Corrugated metal roofing – discuss.’ is closed to new replies.