Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Odd Ebay Soul
  • honourablegeorge

This is listed as a 2012 Soul – but in 631? Seems to have a 631 badge too?

http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221211042832&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

househusband

No way is that a 2012 – that’s a Mk1 perhaps, circa early/mid-noughties..?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

mk1’s have the hose guide hoops on the top of the top tube, and the rear dropouts are slightly bigger than that one

andyl
    Free Member

aye, even from my limited knowledge of souls the colour scheme is completely wrong for a mk1 (okay, could have been painted etc) and the hose guides would be on top of the top tube on a mk1.

No idea about the sticker but there is some 631 on the later ones I think. Other option is it’s a BFe that’s being passed off as a soul but weight would tell you if that was the case.

honourablegeorge

BFe has the thicker seat tube though, doesn’t it?

andyl
    Free Member

yeah i think so.

It’s probably just the wrong steel type sticker as they ran low on supplies or something.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

its no BFe either – dropouts are different

andytherocketeer

Something seems fishy to me.

When did they go to tapered head tube? That looks like a Pre-CEN frame, that got stickered incorrectly (unless they were previously 631? I know the seat stays etc. were different to the main frame). Zoom of the dropouts might be nice. Or it’s a very good fake.

Need Cy to comment.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Si

Si

Si

He’s be called now so should be along shorty to shed some light on this mystery.

andytherocketeer

Had a quick nose on the main German speaking forum, but don’t see it listed there.

honourablegeorge

I asked the seller, he doesn’t know. He has a Medium orange soul himself which is 853, says they both came form the same shop.

andytherocketeer

Prolly Eaven Cycles I’d expect.

simon1975

Si

Si

Si

He’s be called now so should be along shorty to shed some light on this mystery.

I think the magic word is “Cotic”. You might need to edit the thread title 😉

fathomer

I also think its spelt Cy!

chiefgrooveguru

Looks like a Mk2 as the top tube looks like the ovalform one. My guess is that it was sold as a second due to having the wrong sticker on it. The headtube is 631 but the rest of the main triangle is 853 on that era. I think I can also make out the downtube-headtube gussets which identify the first 140mm frames. Those photos pretty much avoid all the identifying features!

cy

It’s first batch Mk2 from early 2010. When we started doing the BFe’s in 631 the paint factory got it round their neck and we got a bunch of souls with 631 stickers, some of which went straight to Eaven our German distributor. He should have swapped all the stickers, but obviously didn’t. I had one of the 631 stickered frames lab tested to make sure it was a proper Soul and it passed, so it’s not dodgy it’s just got the wrong sticker on it. If any of you buy it, drop us a line and we’ll send you an 853 sticker to replace it.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

And there you have it!

Cy to rescue. The forum is awesome.

honourablegeorge

Nice one, Cy.

If only I hadn’t publicised it on here, I might have had myself a bargain…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Odd Ebay Soul’ is closed to new replies.