Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Odd Ebay issue
  • PJay
    Free Member

I’ve bought a few bits of software from ebay in the past but have always been careful to ensure that the license could be legally transferred (and Microsoft’s own licensing department have been surprisingly helpful). This time I wasn’t paying attention and bought a copy of Microsoft Office 2010 Professional that’s almost certainly counterfeit (but they’ve done a pretty fine job of it).

Since I’d paid by PayPal getting the money back shouldn’t have been a problem but I did email the seller. To my surprise I got an immediate refund no questions asked and then silence; I’ve been unable to get a return address out of him to send the stuff back.

The chap seems to be regularly shifting Office 2010 Professional packages in ones or twos using identical auctions; all his auctions are private but his feedback seems good.

Having had a refund it feels slightly dishonest not doing everything to send the software back but I can’t decide whether he’s been shafted by a dodgy supplier or is knowingly selling hookey software and just doesn’t want the inconvenience of feedback pointing this out.

What, if anything, do I do next?

steveoath
    Free Member

If you feel bad enough reeport to eBay. Or microsoft uk.

If not that bad, bin the disc then download open office 😀

antigee

I think he/she may feel that giving you an address may not contribute to the future success of their current business model

mikewsmith
    Free Member

+1
    Report here
    http://www.fastiis.org/ and to ebay

globalti
    Free Member

Ebay were quick to pull my ad when I tried to resell a cycling jersey that I’d bought and discovered was a fake. They ought to do the same with this seller, surely?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Odd Ebay issue’ is closed to new replies.