Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Odd eBay buyer behaviour. What to do?
  • BigJohn

I’m an occasional eBay seller and in the past I’ve had no problems at all.

A few weeks ago I did a clearout and put a load of stuff on. All went well except a gas fire. The winner lives about 30 miles away and we exchanged a few messages arranging a time when she would pick up and pay cash. £34.

Since then, nothing at all.

After a week I reported the transaction and re-listed it. This Sunday the auction closed and another buyer won. This time £49. And this time, no contact or payment at all. Nada, Nothing, Niet, Ne rien.

Lo and behold: whilst it was a different buyer, he had the same surname and address as the first one.

In many ways I’m glad because these fires are about £400 new, and this one’s hardly used, but I’d really like to urinate on these kind peoples’ French fries.

Apart from defecating through their letterbox (60 mile round trip, and as I’m pretty regular, that would mean a 6a.m. start, fighting through the M6 traffic with a full load) what else can I do? Even if I want to leave feedback as “Timewaster” I have to give them a positive rating.

mcj78
    Free Member

Drop anchor down the back of the fire instead – when they turn it on, hey presto – the instant aroma of roast bungle’s finger

HTH

bigyinn
    Free Member

Raise a dispute against the buyer with E-Bay?

woody74

What gas fire is it as I might be interested?

Ben_H

I had the same thing, trying to sell a car!

Accepted and offer and then arranged for a buyer to come to collect. On the day, I arranged childcare and waited… only to receive a text to arrive saying that his wife wanted a different car!!! Opened a dispute in eBay and heard nothing from the buyer – was still charged the listing fee by eBay.

Won’t be using that route again – ever!

ant77
    Free Member

Have you raised a dispute with either seller?

If you haven’t gone through this process then you’ll still be charged a final valuation fee, plus any insertion fees.

dooosuk
    Free Member

This Sunday the auction closed and another buyer won. This time £49. And this time, no contact or payment at all. Nada, Nothing, Niet, Ne rien.

Offer 2nd chance to the next highest bidder. Sounds like you’ll still be better off than the first sale.

retro83
    Free Member

ant77 – Member

Have you raised a dispute with either seller?

If you haven’t gone through this process then you’ll still be charged a final valuation fee, plus any insertion fees.

This.

teef
    Free Member

Block their user ids from any future listings – at least they can’t waste your time again.

BigJohn

The fire is an old fashioned Verine Acclaim 16″ Inset Tray Gas Fire.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

You could always try Gumtree.

Plenty of tyre-kickers on there as well though. 😕

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Odd eBay buyer behaviour. What to do?’ is closed to new replies.