Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Oculus Rift
  • enfht
    Free Member

Got to be seen to be believed, absolutely flippin awesome. So much potential its mind boggling. Trying to talk myself out of investing it would clearly be a slippery slope in time/money. And nobody mention VRGirlz 8) 😆

slowoldman

Great name for a band. Or a sci-fi villain.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a Homido vr headset for my phone. Even that has surprised me how good it is .

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Although its supposed to have less motion sickness issues than other VR technology it can still make you sick in certain scenarios.

nach
    Free Member

They give an amazing sense of presence, but there are are reasons the Oculus is just a devkit at the moment. The DK1 can be nauseating for some, and the DK2 works with a very strange screen resolution (Effectively it’s a portrait format screen turned 90 degrees, making it difficult to mirror to conventional screens)

I used to have a DK1, and one of my favourite things was the quadcopter videos made for it on this youtube channel. Give it a go if you have one, just make sure to lean your head back against a wall or something, or you’ll probably get sick really quickly.

I’ve not tried Valve’s new one, which apparently does head tracking down to a millimetre, but a friend did and said “You know that feeling when you first tried an Oculus? It’s like that, but, again”.

badllama
    Free Member

My brother is a lecturer at Bolton Uni and they have a few had a play over Christmas and it’s good but a little to lower res at present , not sure which one it was though. If it goes 4k that would be crazy good!

The mad bit is wanting to reach out and touch stuff lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Oculus Rift’ is closed to new replies.