Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Octavia VRS vs Leon FR
  • votchy
    Free Member

I am in the market for a newer car, I like both of the above, looking at the diesel estate variants, anyone got any real world experiences of either or both, things to look out for etc. Am looking max 2 yrs old. Also, would require a towbar being fitted, is this best done by a dealer or one of the aftermarket companies, does it involve ECU changes or just plug and play electrics?

DaveP

I have a 1 month old vRS diesel estate, manual. Now with 3.5k miles on it. I came from a 9 year old Seat Leon FR diesel.

It is quiet, relaxing and comfortable – everything I was hoping for.

Economy has been 46mpg overall so far. That is not hanging about, but almost all motorway miles.

Bikes go in with both wheels on easily.

(I don’t have a tow bar)

nickc

don’t know anything about the electrics or tow bar, but had a test drive in a couple of Leons. The one with indy rear suspension is far better, but the interiors while loaded with stuff, are a bit cheap-ish. seats are comfy enough though.

I went for a beamer in the end

sofaboy73
    Free Member

Not tried the vrs or fr versions, but have Leon estate and currently have Octavia estate. Much prefer the skoda, more load space, more comfortable (horrible seats in the Leon), but quality interior

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Underneath they are the same car…
    Personally I much prefer the interior to the occy.

My towbar was fitted 3rd party, recommended by the skoda main dealer for half what he could do it for

somouk
    Free Member

Same as above, spent most of my time cycling around VAG cars and generally prefer the Octavia to the Leon. The octavias interior feels better quality despite lacking in some of the equipment the leon does and I prefer the seats.

Some good deals on both at the moment due to the facelifts coming around so you may get more for your money at the moment.

Towbars I’m sure you are fine with 3rd party, i know people who have had them done but never had one myself.

votchy
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies so far, was leaning towards the skoda, will try both before deciding but just seeking real world experiences

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Octavia VRS vs Leon FR’ is closed to new replies.