Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • octavia estate tdi how do you rate yours?
  • karnali
    Free Member

Time is coming for a bigger family car, octavia seems to tick all the boxes but how do owners find them on a daily basis. Also what actual combined mpg do folk get from1.9 tdi both 105 and 130 bhp and also the newer 1.6 105 bhp versions?

Anything to watch out for 2nd hand and anything else to consider as an alternative?

Thanks

allthegear
    Free Member

Had a 1.9 105bhp one that did 170000 miles. Fab car.

Rachel

mrchrispy

Work pool cars are 1.6 TDi 105ggs, perfectly fine.
    Pleanty of grunt around town but it does run out of puff if you want to ‘make progress’ (as the knobber drivers say) on the motorway. You can get some well equipped cars for not a lot of money.

ButtonMoon

Mk1 2004 130bhp here. Had it 6 years & it’s got 110K miles now. No problems at all since we’ve owned it.

I get between 50-55mpg just about everywhere.

MoreCashThanDash

Got a 55 plate 105ps 1.9 tdi – 80,000 miles. No problems. Drove a family of four, with all the camping gear and a roofbox, from Derby to Cornwall this summer and got 55mpg. Love the old 6 speed DSG autobox as well.

Probably the best value for money car either of us have owned.

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

I’ve got a 1.6 TDI 105 2010 Estate, love it. Really economical, there is some road noise and the rear suspension is very soft, so take care if towing or mounting bikes off the back.

Other than that, it’s very well built, they’ve raided the VW parts bin carefully and there’s bags of space inside.

I’d definitely get another one (probably the MK3 2.0 TDI, which is also £30 per year to tax)

flatfish
    Free Member

Got an 05 Octavia estate for sale if your interested?

hora
    Free Member

Flatfish potentially yes. Where are you/details to markhoracekuk@yahoo.con

flatfish
    Free Member

I’ll email you over the weekend when I’m back on my own computer with all the details of the car. I’ll get some pictures sent over too.
    I’m in Bristol btw.

totalshell

08 1.9 tdi 105. 96k on the daily commute and family taxi duties. great war horse does early /mid 40’s mpg since new we ve changed 1 front spring and 4 tires the cambelt and the water in the washer bottle .. thats it..

good bus swallows miles with aplomb and luggage assorted junk with ease.

we bought it with the aim of running till it dies and its almost as fresh as new..

totalshell

08 1.9 tdi 105. 96k on the daily commute and family taxi duties. great war horse does early /mid 40’s mpg since new we ve changed 1 front spring and 4 tires the cambelt and the water in the washer bottle .. thats it..

good bus swallows miles with aplomb and luggage assorted junk with ease.

we bought it with the aim of running till it dies and its almost as fresh as new..

nosedive
    Free Member

had an 04 1.9 tdi needed expensive repairs to door electrics and had problems with warning lights coming on. not impressed. great engine though

karnali
    Free Member

Flatfish pics and details please email in profile

the-muffin-man

Bombproof!

Mine is a 1999 model and the only repairs have been the usual wear and tear. I’ve had it seven years now and can see me driving it for a good few more.

Can’t say it’s very exciting though. It gets used as a skip and is nicknamed the ‘manky-mobile’.

flatfish
    Free Member

I’ll get pictures and details over the weekend and hopefully sent off to interested parties Sunday eve.

iolo
    Free Member

You’re better off with an A4.
    It’s better all round.
    Just a nicer environment to be in when you’re driving

karnali
    Free Member

looked at a4’s but boot is small compared to octavia

Nipper99
    Free Member

Problem is finding them s/h. I hade an 04 estate – did over 140,000 miles in its (180,000 odd in total still doing over 50mpg and not using any oil). Excellent car – most niggles are easily dealt with yourself if you have the aptitude. Wanted another but could find a later s/h so bought a Passatt. Prefered the Octavia as too many pointless bells and whistles on the Passatt.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘octavia estate tdi how do you rate yours?’ is closed to new replies.