Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Octavia 1.6 or 2.0 petrol estate auto or manual
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…I have to admit defeat having now owned the BMW 330i that I purchased from a forum user it simply has to go as much as I love it its to bloody small…boot to small and can’t fit 3 children on the rear seat.

Looking at my options I can pick up an Octavia petrol version anywhere between 2005/2006 £2500 -£3000 ideally an Automatic, don’t think we really need a diesel simply as we don’t do the milage and any diesel in that price range in going to have intergalactic milage. 1.6 is chain driven so no cambelt to change.

What are VW autos like ?

Anyone want a beautiful e46 330i Msport at a great price ?!?!?

Many thanks in advance

chewkw
    Free Member

Not sure about VW auto gear but I would definitely choose an auto gear car rather than manual ones. I also prefer the old fashion auto with no paddle shifting or tip-tronic whatever but then technology has improved so I am not sure.

garage-dweller

Do your research on the 1.6 there were a number of variants over the years (fsi, 16 and 8 valve versions possibly). I think some were more issue prone than others when we looked at early noughties golfs

The 2.0 was not appreciably more powerful iirc but more relaxed and thirstier.

redstripe
    Free Member

is the beemer an auto and touring estate model? If yes, how much/age/mileage etc? ta

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

its an auto 116000 miles but not an estate…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If it’s like other vag auto boxes. Avoid. Pumps go

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Octavia 1.6 or 2.0 petrol estate auto or manual’ is closed to new replies.