Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Octalink ISIS the same?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Just removed my FSA carbon Pro Team Issue cranks and the bottom bracket is a Shimano Dura Ace.
    I thought all FSA was ISIS, so are they actually the same.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Thet aren't. FSA used both standards.

njee20
    Free Member

No, ISIS has 10 splines, Octalink have 8.

As you've found, some FSA (and other road chainsets) are Octalink.

oldgit
    Free Member

That's ok then. Please tell me octalink is octalink i.e 105 is the same as Dura Ace.

kaiser
    Free Member

octalink 8 splines
    isis 10 splines

trail_rat
    Free Member

no dura ace and XTR share a spline system XT and below + ultegra and below share a spline system …iirc the splines are 1mm shorter or thicker cant quite remember just that they are different

oldgit
    Free Member

Got an Italian thread used Dura Ace B/B going spare if anyone needs.

simondbarnes

no dura ace and XTR share a spline system XT and below + ultegra and below share a spline system …iirc

All road octalink BBs share the same spline system.

trail_rat
    Free Member

so is it XTR and all road that share the same splines then? coulda sworn it was only XTR and duraace that shared – been ages since i had to deal with octalink ….

njee20
    Free Member

All road octalink BBs share the same spline system.

No they don't, Ultegra/Dura Ace/XTR are the same, shallow, splines, 105/XT/LX etc are deeper.

You're close Terry, Ultegra's the same as DA!

simondbarnes

No they don't, Ultegra/Dura Ace/XTR are the same, shallow, splines, 105/XT/LX etc are deeper.

You're close Terry, Ultegra's the same as DA!

The 105 octalink bb I have here has the same splines as the ultegra one in my pompino.

aracer
    Free Member

105 is definitely the same spline as DA and Ultegra, though i think somewhere lower down the road range they use a spline the same as XT/Deore.

simondbarnes

though i think somewhere lower down the road range they use a spline the same as XT/Deore.

Quite possibly. The cheap road stuff always used to be square taper, was unaware that they did some splined versions before switching to external BBs.

oldgit
    Free Member

Simples!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Octalink ISIS the same?’ is closed to new replies.