Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Obviously, things that make you feel less manly.
  • zippykona

That ” oi Mr kick our ball back moment”.
    You know that if you boot it it’s not going to go anywhere near the kids. If you just tap it it will only go half way to them.
    I just pretend I haven’t noticed the football that’s just landed at my feet.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Playing with kids at Lyme seafront with one of those mini rugby balls with a tail

Wanted to show the kids that dad still had it so let the thing rip. Beautiful, it flew and flew right into a group of ‘older folk’ and hit a lady full on the side of the face

Didn’t feel manly at all 😳

prawny

When the girls mention Ryan Gosling in the office and I come over all giddy 😆 😳

P-Jay
    Free Member

I can still kick a ball thankfully, a busted elbow means I can’t throw that well, but I’ve got a massive scar to compensate in the manliness stakes.

For me it’s practical things, bike fixing, car fixing, bit of DIY plumbing etc.

As it turns out I’m not that bad at it, I can work my way around most things pretty well given time and a youtube video. No my failing is having the wrong type of friends.

My background is in Financial Service, but I work in IT now, not very manly, my Friends are Building Engineers, Build Exhibition Stages and rigging, electricians, bus mechanics, aircraft mechanics and roofers etc. – they seem with a tool in my hand and gasp “office boy at it again” and if we’re trail side trying to repair it, grab it out of my hands before I break something or spend 2 weeks fixing it and continue the myth I can’t do it.

But who’s the winner here, the one to mocks someone for being slower at practical things, or the one who sits back and has it done for them…

perchypanther
    Free Member

Using any sort of Money off Voucher or Coupon.

Just cut my nadgers off and have done with it.

tomhoward

When at home, I do sit down wees.

SaxonRider

Removing the hair on my legs and dressing up in lycra.

captmorgan
    Free Member

Sitting down for a slash.

theotherjonv

pulling a hamstring……. at walking football.

Some may say just going to walking football but that would be unfair, the way we play it is like watching Leeds ca 1974, I’ve never been kicked so much. The over 50’s* are a right bunch of dirty bastards.

* FTR, I’m not over 50 either. Just making up the numbers, and i have to run** to get the ball when someone hoofs it into the road over the fence.

** limp. I’ve got a bad hamstring.

Northwind

Nothing.

There’s no way I could feel less manly

jimbobo
    Free Member

Playing catch with my 3 year old. I throw to him, he catches it, throws it back and I fumble and drop it. He still wears a nappy, but is already a better athlete than I ever was!

funkmasterp

Not understanding mechanical things and my woeful DIY skills.

theotherjonv

Playing catch with my 3 year old.

yep, that’s another. My ten year old daughter can throw far further than I can (Guildford Schools District Sports tennis ball / rounders ball throwing champion 2 years running) and far further than a 10 year old girl has any right to. She just has fast twitch muscles and good technique. I have no muscles above the waist and an old rotator cuff injury.

DS was great last year. Her teacher was at the throwing end of the field watching for line infringements and another school’s teacher was at the other end sticking flags in where the ball landed. Her teacher signaled him to move back. Then a bit more. Then a bit more…. and then he did that thing where he stood and watched as the ball still sailed miles over his head. Nearly 40m IIRC.

pocpoc
    Free Member

The exact opposite of my answer in t’other thread.
    When I try to fix something and completely mess it up.
    Makes me feel like a complete failure of a man, husband and father. I can see the dissapointment on the children’s faces as I try to explain to them that I can’t fix it and it’s now knackered! 😳

MoreCashThanDash

When I try to fix something and completely mess it up.
    Makes me feel like a complete failure of a man, husband and father

That actually came up in a counselling session once for me 😕

Actully, even having a counselling session 😳

bencooper
    Free Member

Having to use moisteuriser and lip balm all the time.

Cougar

Having to use moisteuriser

Boysturiser.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

moobs when I used to have them 😉

vickypea
    Free Member

Wearing a skirt usually does it for me
    😉

jonnyboi

Lush bath bombs

allthegear
    Free Member

Finasteride. That’d do it. Stops the production of testosterone.

Donald Trump uses it.

Rachel

MoreCashThanDash

Wearing a skirt usually does it for me

Me too, though we may be approaching this from different angles….

matt_outandabout

Driving a grey, diesel people carrier. 😐

vickypea
    Free Member

How often do you indulge? 😀

allthegear
    Free Member

How often do you indulge?

I’m going to bet it’s more than me!

Rachel

MoreCashThanDash

😆

vickypea
    Free Member

I wore a skirt today- first time this year

LadyGresley
    Free Member

What’s a “skirt”?

MoreCashThanDash

Sometimes I post on here thinking I’m being funny, and then I realise that I am SO out of my depth…. 😐

Not worn a skirt this year. Not shaved my legs yet either. Though I did see a guy walking in the Peak yesterday in what I hope was a kilt. Except he was quite tall, had long legs and it was short kilt. Think “naughty schoolgirl tartan skirt” short kilt. If that was really the image he was going for, he got it spot on.

CountZero

Ummmmm….
    Nope, struggling here.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I was hoping my midlife crisis was going to be coke and hookers but it appears to be a liking for Audax events and adopting stray cats. Think the below with a Dawes Galaxy. Disappointed.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Obviously, things that make you feel less manly.’ is closed to new replies.