Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Obscure bands that the world should know about but doesn’t…..
  • TheSanityAssassin

slimtubing – Member
    the Chameleons, three great albums and zippo recognition.
    Check out also the newly reformed Weta.
    Hoodoo gurus, the clouds and the black sea, all quality oz stuff.

I take it that you’re not including The Fan and the Bellows in the 3 great albums bit? Burgess and Lever also formed The Sun and the Moon following the Chameleons demise, and they brought out an interesting eponymously titled album.

Rather coincidentally, I’m sat here converting my Chameleons vinyl collection into MP3’s as I sit and browse the forum.

slimtubing
    Free Member

i only really rated one song on the sun & the moon album, (just my opinion of course) and yeah, my bad, forgot about the F & B album.

AJ
    Free Member

how About the “Shop assistants” bike related too as the guitarist now owns and runs a bike shop.

son-of-mike
    Free Member

Maybe just take a listen through the line-up for End Of The Road festival:

EOTR Line Ups

vdubber67
    Free Member

CountZero – can’t believe you walked out on 65dos and thought them dull. Are you sure you got the right band there. This is the 65dos who sound like an explosion in a god factory! 😉

Each to their own I guess..! 🙂

RustySpanner

vdubber67

That reminds me,

The God Machine:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hDRF8TuFic%5D

mccett
    Free Member

Another vote for Fat Freddys Drop
    One Million Dollars
    Reggie and Full Effect
    TV on the Radio

Steel Panther…. 😀

vdubber67
    Free Member

Rusty Spanner – lol – nice association there – God Machine rocked. Bit depressing for everyday listening though I find! 🙂

RaglanSurf
    Free Member

Loads of great suggestions, totally agree with Bob Mould (genius), 65 DaysofStatic, their recent London gig ended in a powercut, damn shame also Grizzly Bear although now they’ve been on Jules Holland they may not be that unknown for long. Screaming Tea Party, Over The Wall, Errors, vastly underated Modest Mouse, Apples In Stereo and another nod to Les Savy Fav and Yo Lo Tengo.

And bring on ATP this weekend, more underated bands than you can throw a stick at.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Obscure bands that the world should know about but doesn’t…..’ is closed to new replies.