Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Obree speed record attempt
  • samuri
    Free Member

Can I just check something?

Are all speed records not prone nowadays? WHat’s the difference between what obree is doing and the 80mph record?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

head first vs feet first

glupton1976
    Free Member

Prone vs supine.

samuri
    Free Member

ok, ta.

aracer
    Free Member

Reading the reports they certainly seem to have taken to Obree.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Course they have aracer recumbents and speed records folk are all for technical innovation and ideas. Ita what makes them bonkers, not like the eejits at the uci.

Speed records were obrees calling in life really after the uci stabbed him in the back. A mind like that shouldnt be wasted.

pondo

Don’t get me wrong,I really want to see him to succeed ,but the likes of the VeloX team look as if they have done more than just theoretical and aero tests,before turning up at the event.

The man’s toolbox is a plastic carrier bag – “shoestring” doesn’t come close.

disben
    trail_rat
    Free Member

Pondo – so true .

I have a mech eng degree and the use of a fully equipped workshop and i couldnt even come close to his ideas . Design is all in the mind.

chiefgrooveguru

Just looking at the photos of Beastie and I’m surprised how tall it is. Do the regulations prevent the wheelbase being much longer so that the rider can lie between the wheels? That would knock about 25% of the frontal area and I can’t see the extra skin drag being an issue because that length would allow a better drag coefficient from a really long slim teardrop shape. Getting the rider’s CoG lower would make it more stable too. Well done on the first record though!

AlexSimon

It does actually look fast on film:
    http://twitpic.com/degrqf

(although obviously the one at 83mph must have looked proper quick)

Viewing 11 posts - 81 through 91 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Obree speed record attempt’ is closed to new replies.