Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Obnoxious Suppliers
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I find it astonishing the number of suppliers who act like complete ****s in the way the behave and talk on the phone, sometimes even in the pre contract phase.

You don’t expect arse kissing, but personally I would be at the very least helpful and polite. One firm is doing a very good inverse sales job at the moment and doing thier very best to get dropped. Whats that all about??

scaredypants

Just been told that their job’s in jeopardy ?

spacemonkey

You should try being a supplier and see how you get treated by a number of prospects (and sometimes clients).

Just the nature of the beast IME.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

You should try being a supplier and see how you get treated by a number of prospects (and sometimes clients).

We in trun have clients, so I know that. The difference is, the suppiers want something from us (work) and usually the best way to get this isn’t by being difficult and rude. Is that not basic sales?

spacemonkey

Yep, can’t disagree with that. Dell were one of the worst, in fact they could be downright nasty to deal with. Plenty of other suppliers/disties/channel types are also capable of being ar5eholes for sure.

theotherjonv

Maybe they don’t want the business, but don’t want to say so?

root
    Free Member

Yep, can’t disagree with that. Dell were one of the worst, in fact they could be downright nasty to deal with.

Deal with Dell on a daily basis pretty much, they’re great. Get a new account manager if you are having a bad time.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Obnoxious Suppliers’ is closed to new replies.