Obligatory new bike pic…..Yeti SB66c

Home Forum Bike Forum Obligatory new bike pic…..Yeti SB66c

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Obligatory new bike pic…..Yeti SB66c
  • Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Just picked her up but still recoevering from some fractured ribs so she will have to sit there for another week at least 🙁
    Lucky to get a good price for my Blur TRc so it did not hurt too much but opted for XT build to save some extra pennies, so looking forward to pointing her at a mountain……..

Standard XT build with 2×10 and ICE brakes, 160mm Float and opted for a 100mm Reverb.
    Will maybe change the stem to 50mm from 70mm once I have had a proper test ride and will go tubeless once I knacker the tires or if I find they are not doing the job and need replacing.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

you worry about your floor too much 🙂

Stevelol

Nice bike. How come you changed from the TRc and may I ask how much you got for it?

Lovely looking bike. Also curious to know why you dropped the TRc

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

WW – Its my wife, she loves that floor

Steve and Jef – The TRc was a crackin bike but just fancied a change and a little more suspension to play with.
    RE the cost, bearing in mind there is no import duty or sales taxes here in HK, the SB66c came to around 3.4k GBP, I sold the TRc (XT/XTR build and in OK condition) for around 1.8k GBP.
    Maybe not good to spend my xmas bonus before I get it or if it is even confirmed!

Premier Icon alfabus
    Subscriber

stewartc, sb66c, trc

bit of a carbon theme in your life?

Premier Icon kayak23
    Subscriber

Beautiful that. Shorter stem, 1×9/10, chain device, perfick!
    🙂
    Nice floor.

patriotpro

stewartc – Member
    Just picked her up

Nice bike but…

“She”?? Does it have a tuppence?

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Sorry patriotpro, dont comprendi?

Finaly got to take it for a spin this weekend on a very short ride due to the weather but all good so far.

[video]http://youtu.be/vSEnu4ZkImM[/video]

It will take me a while to get used to climbing without a Talas, and there is a lot of climbing here but wow, it does fly when you get going, just need to man up after my last injury.

tyre logo/valve alignment so close, and yet….

shifter

Like the bike, LOVE the stand – where from Stewartc?

reggiegasket

+1 1×10, chain device, HR2 2.4 on the front

Premier Icon Northwind
    Subscriber

Very nice!

Premier Icon Nobby
    Subscriber

I like that, a lot.

deanfbm

Yeti SBs are so nice (just like this one), i get so excited to ride mine (alu), they look and rides so so well.

Same sentiments as everyone else, 1×10 and 50mm stem. Pedals so well out of the saddle, you can really power up those climbs with no need of the granny ring.

I would also say the bike is a proper handful for “trail” riding at 160mm on the forks. I have lyrik u-turn on mine, just about not ridiculous for general riding when set to 140, DH bike capable @160, haven’t got the sb out of its depth yet on high speed, steep, dh rough and i dont generally hang about.

Mine also benefited from reducing the air can volume, it didn’t rush through the travel, but was conscious of using all 150mm on trails i dont think should be using 150mm, plus bottomed a little easy on the gaps and drops i like to hit. It now uses the travel sensibly, just about bottoms out on an awkward 4ish ft drop into a compression, all at 25% sag. It still gains speed in rough sections where my old bike would slow down.

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Thanks for the feedback.
    Currently running 2×10 as I have just come down from 3×10 on my Blur TRc, we do a lot of transitional riding here so I didn’t want to go to 1×10 as I just dont think I have the fitness to carry it off, however maybe 1×11 will work 🙂
    50mm stem was the first thing changed on purchase and currently running the sag at arounbd 25%, will maybe faff around with the suspension a bit more next weekend when I plan to take it on a more technical group ride.
    Still getting used to having a 150mm Float up front as I have always used Talas on my two previous bikes, a Blur TRc and an ASR-5 both of which were no slouches climbing up hills, just need to get used to standing up a bit, usually do a lot of climbing as I like to go up and down.

Candodavid

Needs bigger wheels

Tom83

Shame you didn’t get the black XT cranks, would’ve finished it off nicely. Very nice all the same though!

b r

RE the cost, bearing in mind there is no import duty or sales taxes here in HK, the SB66c came to around 3.4k GBP, I sold the TRc (XT/XTR build and in OK condition) for around 1.8k GBP.
    Maybe not good to spend my xmas bonus before I get it or if it is even confirmed!

Why didn’t you just strip the TRc for bits and sell the frame etc, can’t imagine you wouldn’t have saved a load of cash, and you could probably have then had the spec you really wanted.

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Tom – prefer the brushed ali look as I think it ages better that the black coated stuff.
    br – most of the components on the Blur were already between 12-24 months old i.e. frame was mint but everything else was starting to show its age having previously been on earlier bike(s). With the budget I had to spend, and bearing in mind I have a typical local tiger wife monitoring my expediture, I thought selling the Blur complete and buying the XT build was the best road to take.

ska-49

Close to the perfect bike! Very nice.
    Do you think those stands will take 29er bikes?

Premier Icon fathomer
    Subscriber

More bike than I need (lusting after a TRc actually) but it’s very very nice! There’s something about most Yeti’s that just looks right.

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

MB and Ska – I think they take 29″ers as the local bike shop I buy them from use them to stand both 26 and 29 bikes. The guy who bought the Blur insisted the deal rested on taking the stand too!

loughor

Stew, lovely bike. Is it from Flying Ball, might (must !) pop in later if so …

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Yes Loughor, their the only dealer in HK for Yeti I think plus none are showing up on 28bike…yet

loughor

how much are FB asking for a frame only (HKD), if you don’t mind I ask? Hope to see you (and the yeti !!) on Chi Ma Wan

Premier Icon stewartc
    Subscriber

Its 23k for the carbon frame (Alloy frames also available) minus their standard discount or 10% or more if you can get it!
    They also do finishing kits of various spec’s, the XT Race kit is 13k and that gets you everything bar some forks, dropper seat post (a Thompson post is supplied with the kit) and pedals.

Dont do CMW enough even though I live on Lantau, but that will change now.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Obligatory new bike pic…..Yeti SB66c’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top