Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Oberstdorf Alps
  • beano68
    Free Member

Hi

Going to Oberstdorf in a few months and has anyone ever been there ? need info for uplifts and best routes to ride.

Thanks

welshfarmer

Have climbed, caved and skied there but never been there with a mountain bike! Would be very surprised if there wasn’t plenty on offer though as it is a bit of an outdoor sports Mecca.

Some routes to start with

http://www.oberstdorf.de/wandern/mountainbike/

beano68
    Free Member

Wife going ice skating there for 12 days so I’m away trying to find routes but I’m sure there will be plenty coming off the Nebelhorn

Thanks again welshfarmer I’ll check out the link

professor_fate
    Free Member

Was there last summer, but first time with a bike having spent a bit of time there over the years hiking and skiing etc. Not brilliant riding imho but Kleinwalsertal is nice especially from Riezlern to Baad anticlockwise. Don’t think bikes are allowed on the main cablecars, though they are on the lower-level Sollereckbahn (hardly worth it considering the height gain). Lovely resort with an ace Sauna in the Hallenbad, mind.

beano68
    Free Member

Thanks buddy yeah seems to be plenty around Kleinwalsertal which isn’t too far away so that’ll be the 1st place I’ll be heading to.

Many Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Oberstdorf Alps’ is closed to new replies.