Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Obama has a beach named after him now.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I used to live on the Normandy Beaches, at Juno Beach, Courseulles sur Mer.

I never realised that Omaha Beach, a little up the way, would be renamed after a new American president.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s named after a Counting Crows song isn’t it?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yeah well I myself, didn’t notice the slip as I listen to the speech live.
    And a pretty good speech it was too, I thought.

What I did notice however Flashheart, was the tiny handful of Tory/Gordon Brown-hating morons like you, who attempted to boo the British Prime Minister as he came to the podium to make a speech in tribute of the great sacrifices made 65 years ago.

Those morons who couldn’t put party politics aside for one moment as a mark of respect at a sombre event, obviously had the desired effect – Brown looked shaken and upset. And as it wasn’t a written speech I’m hardly surprised if it unsettled him enough to cause a minor slip up.

You might think it’s highly amusing Flashheart, but Gordon Brown as British Prime Minister was there representing Great Britain. Those Tory/Gordon Brown-hating idiots brought shame on their country, and showed a staggering level of disrespect to the 65th Anniversary of D-Day.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Eh? WTF? I didn’t watch the speeches…what happened then?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gus, you think far too much. Go and have a beer and relax.

Brown looked shaken and upset because he was shaken and upset. Poor chap is on the ropes with his trainer about to chuck in the towel.

The boos were because the NVA wanted the Queen there to represent Great Britain, not some sour Scottish buffoon who can’t even remember the words of the national anthem. Not a man who has presided over some of the worst treatment of the armed forces and veterans of any government in British history. Nothing to do with party politics, all to do with criticism of the decisions of Brown and Blair.

You call me a moron, I see. Well done. Very clever.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Gus, you think far too much.

Well pardon me for “thinking”.

But maybe you should give a go, instead of trying incessantly to get cheap laughs at Gordon Brown’s expense, no matter the event.
    Including the 65th Anniversary of D-Day.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Oh do **** off, would you? This was indeed a cheap laugh at a muppet of a PM, but where, oh where did I say or do anything in any way detrimental or disrespectful of the D-Day commemoration? Do try harder would you, it’s awfully good fun to watch you flounder.

BadlyWiredDog

‘awfully good fun’ – okay yah… Do sod off back to your posh public school with lashings of ginger beer like a good little chap won’t you.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL!

Stop it, the lot of you, before I get involved…

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Those Tory/Gordon Brown-hating idiots brought shame on their country,

You mean the veterans who did the booing?

BadlyWiredDog

Weren’t they actually booing because they wanted the Queen to represent the country rather than because they were opposed to Brown?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh do **** off, would you?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Your language and obvious anger, suggests that you are fully aware that scoring cheap party political points over an event such as the 65th Anniversary of D-Day, is wholly unacceptable.

I intensely dislike New Labour. And I intensely dislike the policies of Gordon Brown. But I restrict party political points, to party political issues. The 65th Anniversary of D-Day has nothing to do with that.

I’m sorry if you’re unhappy that I should challenge you on “a cheap laugh at a muppet of a PM”. But I think you have acted like a muppet.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Where did I do anything to score a point over an event such as the 65th Anniversary of D-Day

Nowhere. I did so over a fumbling idiot of a PM, not over the event at which he was present.

Now then, about calling the veterans idiots? Anything to add?

jonb
    Free Member

I think it’s great that we can boo political leaders. Be something worth fighting for if they ever tried to take our right to elect and criticise our leaders away from us.

Sandwich

Who is to say that the palace have an agenda that caused the offence to the NVA. They are not above scheming for their own benefit, it’s unlikely to be proven soon but if it is I for one will become a republican. Before we all say the palace don’t do that sort of thing, the abdication was brought about by Baldwin and HM Queen Mother because they did not like how populist Edward VIII was.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Now then, about calling the veterans idiots? Anything to add?

Well you obviously didn’t watch the proceedings Flashheart, the veterans didn’t boo the British Prime Minister. A handful of idiots did though.

I am quite frankly staggered, that you appear to feel that it is perfectly acceptable to boo the British Prime Minister as he approaches the podium to make a non-political speech as a mark of respect to all those who fought on D-Day.

Where did I do anything to score a point over an event such as the 65th Anniversary of D-Day

How about, attempting to defend the booing of British Prime Minister as he approaches the podium to make a non-political speech as a mark of respect to all those who fought on D-Day ?

trailmonkey

Did all the veterans want the queen there so they could hurl abuse at a German ? 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I’m sad that ‘respected’ members of STW are arguing over the rights & wrongs of what should have been a marque of respect for something that 99% of us would not ever have the courage to do.
    Behave, the pair of you.

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

Did all the veterans want the queen there so they could hurl abuse at a German ?

one venteran was ask whyhe had a picture of her on his jacket.

he replyed because she too is a veteran.

Mitch36
    Free Member

The one eyed t**t disgusts me, why cant he stand still, his wife has more dignity bless her. Bored in the face of real heroes, he is a disgrace. What angers me most is that when any of our fallen return from Ops,he cant be bothered to turn up to pay his respects,even though Lynham/Brize is effectivly just down the road yet because he want’s to be seen as ‘the face of Britain’ & earn browny points with other leaders,he turns up then,but not to pay respects to the D-Day vets but to kiss obama’s ring!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Of course Mitch36, if Gordon Brown was at ‘Lynham/Brize’ to pay his respect to Our Fallen as their bodies are returned to Britain, you wouldn’t be claiming that he was cynically exploiting them for his own personal political gains …… oh no – you would be singing his praises, you would 🙄

And it goes without saying that a Tory Prime Minister would be there as every body was returned to the UK. Although strangely enough, I don’t remember Baroness Thatcher weeping buckets as the dead were returned from the Falklands.

Gordon Brown was Helmand province less than 6 weeks ago paying tribute to British troops. I don’t remember Thatcher ever visiting British troops in a war zone.

But anyway Mitch36 tell me, which one are you on Army Rumour Forum ……….Axeman or spike7451 ?

Because you have copied and pasted both their posts from the ARRSE forum :

Axeman
    Old Salt

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:46 pm
    The one eyed t**t disgusts me, why cant he stand still, his wife has more dignity bless her. Bored in the face of real heroes are you, you **** knob.

And :

spike7451

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:32 pm
    What angers me most is that when any of our fallen return from Ops,he cant be bothered to turn up to pay his respects,even tho Lynham/Brize is effectivly just down the road yet because he want’s to be seen as ‘the face of Britian’ & earn browny points with other leaders,he turns up then,but not to pay respects to the D-Day vets but to kiss obama’s broon ring!

I notice that you have copied their spelling mistakes, but left out the bit Barack Obama having a brown ar5ehole, why is that ?

So come on …… which one are you ?

Or are you neither of them, but just someone who struggles to write their own posts on a forum ?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=125057/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=0.html

BTW, I like the disclaimer at the top of the thread :
    Look some of the stuff in here is really quite nasty. If you are easily offended – DO NOT ENTER.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😳

Ernie, you have a big moustache, drive a ferrari, live on an island surrounded by hotties and are called Magnum. Where’s my fiver?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Deadly …… lol – what the **** you talking about ? 😀

Why do you think this is me ? 😯 😕

trailmonkey

I want to know how you found that link ? I can’t believe that anyone would want to spend time on that vile forum if they didn’t need to.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, they’d have made a whole hour of telly in the eighties out of your little bit of detective work there…or maybe you’d prefer to be:

😆

EDIT: And yes, that forum sounds bloody horrible.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Darcy, surely it would be

After all, there’s almost always “One more thing….”

Mitch36
    Free Member

Haha busted, i do endorse those words though. And i’m not a Tory you spaz, just because i hate new labour!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

And i’m not a Tory you spaz, just because i hate new labour!

BNP maybe ?

Haha busted

Never take a spaz for being a ****.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member

I want to know how you found that link ?

I often visit ARRSE.

Actually, something which Mitch36 mentioned in his post intrigued me. It took a few seconds on google to locate the source.

Mitch36
    Free Member

Wow Ernie you are a royal prick aren’t you, why am i BNP?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Wow Ernie you are a royal prick aren’t you, why am i BNP?

Proletarian prick ……. please.

I was asking. Did you notice the question mark ? That was the clue.

Although tbh, I not really very interested. It’s just that for reasons best known to yourself, you chose to inform me that you are not a Tory. I was just trying to be polite by carrying on the conversation.

Mitch36
    Free Member

Ah, i see, far left mantra. If you don’t agree with me you are, Racist/sexist/xenaphobic/BNP, back to your yoghurt weaving boy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I was asking. Did you notice the question mark ? That was the clue.

Nope, I don’t think you’ve got it.

But then hey ….. you need to create your own Frankenstein posts out of stuff which you cull from other people’s posts on a different forum. So if you can’t write your own posts, then perhaps I shouldn’t expect too much from you.

back to your yoghurt weaving boy.

Is that a far right mantra ?

Mitch36
    Free Member

Yawn, predictable.

Sandwich

Ooh look a keyboard warrior. Yes I’m pointing and laughing.

sc-xc

‘yoghurt weaving’ is surely only said by men with paunches in their late 40’s who would love to be Jeremy Clarkson’s friend?

Forgive me if I am mistaken. It just seems so lazy for anyone with their own mind to say something like ‘yoghurt weaving’.

Mitch36
    Free Member

Keyboard warriors are people who make threats from the safety of their pc, i can see no threats on this thread? Or are you trying to say Ernie lacks self esteem and confidence?

Mitch36
    Free Member

And people who say that sc-xc are surely weedy little kids who were never picked for football at school?

sc-xc

if only you knew 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Forgive me if I am mistaken. It just seems so lazy for anyone with their own mind to say something like ‘yoghurt weaving’.

What, and stealing other people’s posts from another forum isn’t lazy ? 🙄

I think we can safely assume that Mitch36 prefers other people to do his thinking/choose his words for him 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Obama has a beach named after him now.’ is closed to new replies.