Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Oakleys for fat heads?
  • geoffj

Any recommendations for the larger gentleman?
    I’m looking for recreational rather than bike ones.

Ta

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Have you tried the ‘Asian fit’ variations? Intended for people where the standard range feel narrow. I believe there are some other shape tweaks that set them apart from the ‘European fit’ variants.
    Might be worth a try.

geoffj

Thanks Jef – deco worth a look.

Any recommendations for specific models which fit larger heads in the standard european fit?

Cougar

Surely an “asian fit” is going to be smaller, not larger? The implication to an American company there would be Far East rather than Middle East I’d have thought.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Fives work well for my fat head

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

Oakley Hijinx fit me fine. Many makes of cycle helmets don’t…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Had Half Jackets for years and the fit my huge melon well.

Got some Fast Jackets delivered yesterday and they fit nicely too

vinnyeh

Plaintiffs?

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Blindmelon – Fives are a narrow fitting frame, all other oakleys are too wide for my head.

geoffj

I’ve just ordered some Fuel Cells – lets see how they work out.

Thanks everyone.

BlindMelon
    Free Member

Strange, I find the opposite. half jackets much tighter than fives for me.

vickypea
    Free Member

I haven’t even got a fat head but my Oakleys squeeze my head so tightly that I can’t wear them. I tried heating with a hair dryer and bending them a bit but I was worried about breaking them.

pirahna
    Free Member

Asian fit is a different pair of rubber nose pads that move the glasses further away from your eyes and has nothing to do with the size of the glasses.

I’ve just bought a pair of Fast Jacket XL’s, probably the widest of the sports glasses and fairly deep with the XL lens. Best bet is to go into every optician/sports shop you pass and try on lots of different glasses.

geoffj

The Fuel Cells have just arrived – first impressions are good. Snug, but not tight – can always be loosened with a bit of heat too if needs be.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Oakleys for fat heads?’ is closed to new replies.