Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Oakley Wind Jackets / crying
  • peachos
    Free Member

basically, my eyes are soft little feckers, and (especially, but not limited to) when it is cold i cry like a baby when the trail points downhill. so much so that i might get all rad on my own ass and start wearing googles with my new enduro-style lid (thanks, marketing!!).

however, i just spotted oakley wind jackets with their ‘removable gasket to minimise airflow across your eyes at high speeds’, which sounds interesting.

does anyone use these and does the gasket actually work?

peachos
    Free Member

or any other options that will prevent me from looking like i’m battling for the EWS title when i’m actually just nobbing around in the woods…

keefmac

i’ve bought some of these here-

Bolle Tracker II

these are the yellow lense ones but the clear ones are the same price.

zerocool

Are the foam parts removable on the Tracker IIs? Just ordered a pair off Amazon for <£10 to replace current glasses and didn’t think to check.

Tom KP

Simon

The foam is stuck on.
    I got some for Enduro racing last year as I have the same problem as Peachos. They did the job well but they do steam up on climbs lasting more than a a minute or so. Not as bulky as proper goggles so easy to stash in a pocket or Camelbak.
    Oh, and they don’t stay in place if you don’t use the head strap.

banks
    Free Member

Peachey, i tried those bolle things and they are crap, if anything they directed more wind into my eyes : (

Vented lenses btw?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have blocked tear ducts and as such I cry like a baby when I get a bit of wind over my eyes, this got me out of trouble with the police on motte than one occasion in my youth. Firstly I suggest going to your GP as it could well be an allergy, three are things that can be taken/done to make it better. I find that big sunglasses work, and look, better than goggles.

scotroutes

The Windjackets work very well indeed. I was using (prescription) Half Jackets with the XLJ lens but I found that my eyes would water as soon as I was going any speed – particularly a problem if heading downhill!!

They also come with an elastic strap that clips on to the legs to stop them falling off.

The one down-side is that they take longer to de-mist.

peachos
    Free Member

I did see those Bolle ones, might give them a punt to see if the concept works before spunking loads of dosh on some oakleys.

cheers for the feedback scotroutes. do they still mist up if you don’t mess around with them i.e. leave them on your face??

peachos
    Free Member

hmmm…£17 for the wind jacket upgrade. reckon they’ll fit some DX fOakleys?

http://uk.oakley.com/products/6873/25847

nwgiles

I have a set, they fit similar to swimming goggles keep the wind out beautifully

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Wind Jackets / crying’ is closed to new replies.