Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Oakley 'Trail' prism lenses – anybody got any experience of them?
  • Vortexracing

and if yes, what are your thoughts?

are they any good?

ta

Chucky

tinybits
    Free Member

Yes they are excellent in the radar frames. They are not very dark so you may find quite bright on the road on a sunny day, but in the woods or with a bit of cloud they are superb.

Vortexracing

It was specifically for MTB, I have some existing lenses for the road.

cheers, sounds like they are worth a punt

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, as per tiny above, I’m happy with mine in all but really bright conditions. Luckily, I have alternatives!

Currently using Trail and Road Prizm or Clear in Radar EV. Alternative options from Pro-M, Flak XLJ and others.

shredder
    Free Member

Trail Prizm here find them superb.

oomidamon

Great lenses, really pleased with mine. The only issue I had was availability, Racing Jacket ones were out of stock everywhere when I wanted some.

DT78
    Free Member

Yes like mine bit pricey but I’d scratched the older lenses

nemesis
    Free Member

I have them,got them second hand for 50 quid and tbh while they’re good, I’m glad I didn’t pay more, expecting them to be a step above what I already have.

I’m a long term Oakley user and I can’t really tell any difference between the trail prizm and the persimmon lenses of old. Good but not revolutionary in any way.

devash
    Free Member

They are really good but I think considering the price they aren’t that much of a “revolutionary” leap from a cheap pair of orange / persimmon lenses, as both will give you decent contrast in the woods and you won’t be £100+ worse off in the event of a crash.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Oakley have an app called Mad Science that has a demo of the lenses – its gives a really good idea of what they feel like on the trail before you buy.

T666DOM

I’ve not ridden in the Prizm Trail lens but the Prizm Road is brilliant, Ive got it in a set of Jawbreakers.

tom.nash

Absolutely #BloodyBrilliant on woodland trails such as the Tweed Valley, does need to be bright-ish though.

Vortexracing

The ones I have been looking at are £50, there is no way I would pay £100 for some lenses 😯

davidxbrown
    Free Member

I had a demo of Trail Prism last winter in the the FOD bought some not long after first time I have ever spent that much money on riding eyewear for riding, worth every pound.

nemesis
    Free Member

I assume that 100+ was referring to complete glasses though radars with the prizm trail are about 85 quid iirc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Oakley 'Trail' prism lenses – anybody got any experience of them?’ is closed to new replies.