Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • oakley sunglasses for road cycling?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

theres that many im bamboozaled!

best site ive found for oakley :

http://www.rxsport.co.uk/categories/Sunglasses/Oakley-Sunglasses/Oakley-Sport-Performance-Sunglasses/

choosing a pair is the hard bit. ive got a 62 mile charity ride sunday and need a pair of sunglasses. left my last pair on holiday.

kcal

get a cheap pair then 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Got some Jawbones, but the thick sides obscure riders on your shoulder, horrid for racing.

Then bought Radars which are great

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d just get some Tifosis.

njee20
    Free Member

Got some Jawbones, but the thick sides obscure riders on your shoulder, horrid for racing.
    Then bought Radars which are great

This.

jacob46
    Free Member

well, i had a pair of raceface from planet x. Dont know how but i scratched them within the first day. my oakleys had numerous days out and 2 weeks in egypt and not a mark. oakley lenses are brill so i want another pair.

do like the radars & radarlocks!

jacob46
    Free Member

they were £50 with code 4 weeks ago

njee20
    Free Member

And now being sold for £70. I’d not buy them on principle!

jacob46
    Free Member

Love the radar path’s!

Gary_M
    Free Member

As others have said jawbones are fine for riding on your own, but not great if you’re cycling in a large group of people on a charity ride.

Radars are great, you don’t notice they’re there – which is a good thing.

But do you really need to spend £120 on glasses for a 62 mile charity ride?

jacob46
    Free Member

There not just for the charity ride. Weekends as well. They do look the buisness as well as feel great.

prawny

I’m selling some radars, red iridium lens and a spare clear one with hard case and hydrophobic pen. £80 posted.

Best road glasses I’ve ever had, but I sold my road bike and I need the money.

Crap picture alert!!!

cookeaa

Pop down screwfix, buy these for a tenner, give the Charity an extra £50 and feel all good about yourself…

Jamie
    Free Member

They do look the buisness as well as feel great

I’d tell myself that as well, if they cost all that money 😛

prawny

Jamie – Freeloader!
    They do look the buisness as well as feel great
    I’d tell myself that as well, if they cost all that money

To be fair, I’ve spent the same on Specialized glasses and was a bit disappointed with them, Radars really are fantastic. The red iridium lens is great in all aspects apart from making you look a bit like a cricketer

dragon
    Free Member

Radar are good, but if I’m honest I think I preferred the Rudy Project Rydon’s I had previously, as their narrower arms make sticking them into the helmet vents easier. Both do a good job in terms of coverage and stopping stuff getting in your eyes.

njee20
    Free Member

To be fair, I’ve spent the same on Specialized glasses and was a bit disappointed with them, Radars really are fantastic.

Yep, I had several pairs of Specialized glasses. I quite liked the Arc Titaniums, but they weren’t that comfy on my ears, and the lenses on all the pairs I had got scratched in no time. Radars are more comfy and last better.

prawny

Yeah I think mine were Arcs. I was quite pleased when they broke and Evans refunded me in the end. The Oakly red iridium lens is as least as versatile as the spesh adaptalite lens too somehow.

jacob46
    Free Member

radarlock path are the ones to have. so many lenses and easily replaceble.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

they were £50 with code 4 weeks ago

and they still are £52.99 with code FJ50 🙄

http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/departments-c98/summer-sizzlers-c111/oakley-flak-jacket-xlj-infrared-black-iridium-lens-03-902-p13444

Same shop also have the more cycling-orientated Half Jacket, with bronze lens, for £69.

http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/sunglasses-c76/oakley-custom-half-jacket-xlj-plasma-dark-bronze-lens-p11096

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘oakley sunglasses for road cycling?’ is closed to new replies.