Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Oakley prescription glasses for biking…….
  • Alek
    Free Member

Any cool ones to rival the Optilabs selection which looks particularly appealing 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Depends upon your prescription and your wallet

Si
    Free Member

try dirtydog eyewear. Seem good value.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m using the Half Jackets with the XLJ lenses. The best £250 I’ve ever spent on biking.

Rickos
    Free Member

I’ve got some Spy ones with Transition lenses. I look quite cool.

CheesybeanZ

…try http://www.rxsport.co.uk – they do loads of brands including Oakley – mine have got transition lenses so brilliant for day or night riding

Rickos
    Free Member

Aye Cheesy, that’s where I got mine from. Much nicer than Optilabs, although you do pay for the brands.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I use full jacket. I would recommend if you get any, buy them from specsavers m(no dont work there). You can find them cheaper, but for £20 you get a 2 year warranty for accidental damage. I paid about £300, but I’ve had them repaired once when they were basically wrote off after a crash, would have been well pissed with out the warranty.

I’ve also had optilabs and was impressed with them, but the oakleys are better. Full jacket are very good on the bike, but wouldn’t wear them off, as has been pointed out to me, “you’d look a t#t walking round with them”.

Moda
    Free Member

Personally i had optilab ones and thought they were a waste of money. The bridge was not adjustable to fit the nose so they bounced around…..

Alek
    Free Member

Cheers for heads up Moda. I have a narrow bridge myself so doubt they would fit comfortably.

Liking the oakley suggestions. (don’t have £250 at the moment though)

Whats lenses did you opt for Druidh…..the yellow looked impressive but then again so did the blue!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

My Oakley RX Juliets with ‘Emerald Iridium’ lenses came in at about £380 retail, 6 years ago. Very spensive, but worth it. I got mine trade, so a lot cheaper, but I’d still pay full whack, if I could afford it!

What are your eyes worth…?

funkynick

Rudy Project are supposed to be bringing out a new fancy lens that can take a prescription which look pretty good if their website is to be believed, and they reckoned they’d be cheaper than Oakley… although I inquired about them a while ago and have not heard anything since.

But maybe worth a look into…

coatesy
    Free Member

Clear and persimmon M-Frames here(almost always clear),excellent for riding. Tried other brands but not a patch on Oakleys, also tried a Yellow lens and found it actually hurt my eyes in bright conditions(i’m a tad sensitive to bright light, but worth being aware of anyway).

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I have Optilabs but they seem quite ‘noisy’ – they make a lot more wind noise than my normal glasses, which is surprising as they appear to look quite aero.

I’d have the Oakleys every time if I could afford them, though there’s nothing massively wrong with the Optilabs, they’re just cheaper in every sense than the real thing.

druidh
    Free Member

Alek – I went for the Transitions. I thought I might have to go for a set of clear lenses too – for night-time use – but they’ve been fine. They definitely go more transparent than my old Spesh glasses.

Moda
    Free Member

With glasses have learnt the hard way… as above i just now wear contacts and find good glasses that actually fit my head.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

i got my Oakley Square Wires, with transition lense, from Vision Express. I’m very happy with them- i also paid £20 to cover all my specs for replacement or repair if they get scratched or damaged, so dont have to worry toomuch when wiping trail crap off with your shirt

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Oakley prescription glasses for biking…….’ is closed to new replies.