Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Oakley lenses – worth having the transitions?
  • Alex

Stupidly managed to lose my XLJ's in the Peaks this weekend. I have two pairs of lenses for them, and they fit my fizog so I'm going to replace them like for like.

Had the G30 lenses which seemed to work well. The frame with the transition ones are about £15 more. Anyone used them? Do they work?

Ta

ianpinder
    Free Member

I have the transitions, i think they work well, I don't really notice them working until i get to the bottom of a run and wipe all the mud of them to find the lenses now have lots of light spots on them.

The only time they are a problem, is the first 5 secs when going into a wood until they lighten up, but you have the same problem if wearing normal glasses

qwerty
    Free Member

i managed to loose my xlj's in Dartmoor 😯

whyter

My transitions racing jackets have been excellent. Well worth the cash I reckon. Get the vented ones if you can.

Alex

That's the second set I've lost in the Peaks. Must be something about that place. Ah well, it was worth it for a fantastic days riding.

Cheapest I can find are there on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oakley-HALF-JACKET-XLJ-Transitions-Black-Pers-13-702_W0QQitemZ380180184681QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMen_s_Accessories_UK?hash=item5884813e69

Not sure they do vented ones for Half Jackets?

nickc

I found them quite irritating TBH. They change quite slowly, and in the woods that gets old pretty quickly. If it's sunny: shades, if it's not: clear, it's all my brain can cope with. I think Spesh transitions are pretty fast though.

pinches
    Free Member

are transitions the same as photochromatic?

Alex

hmm interesting Nick. I did like the g30s, they seem to work in all non sunny conditions. I had some Spesh adaptalite? ones, but I think they got lost as well. I'm going to have to start gluing them to my head!

qwerty
    Free Member

i've lost a few pairs of expensive glasses, i loved my Oakley Hi Defenition Yellow lens, now gonna try these:

£4.99 from ebay

if i get on with them i'll buy several pairs in various shades

nickc

Dunno, TBH I get irritated by glasses, period. I just take them off eventually anyway. What are G30?

nickc

Lenses for golf?

Old man… 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Oakley lenses – worth having the transitions?’ is closed to new replies.