Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Oakley G30 lense or others for trail usage
  • jekyll
    Free Member

Anyone using the G30 lense, interested to know what’s best suited for general trail usage under tree cover and out in the open. What oakley lense do you use?

Thanks in advance.

sheldona
    Free Member

I tend to use either a G30 or a transition. Both do a great job in the woods and in the open. I do prefer the G30 in the summer evenings though.

jekyll
    Free Member

Anyone else, what lenses are you using for trail riding.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I use either G30 or clear. the G30 is a great lens and a bit of a sleeper, dark enough in the light and light enough in the dark bits. It’s also a lot cheaper than the full iridium lenses.

MoreCashThanDash

G30/VR28s are as dark as I like to go in tree cover – tend to use Persimmon even more.

Depends how much you are going to be in the trees and how much out in proper sunlight, need to get the balance right

druidh
    Free Member

I’, finding the Transitions are working out a lot better than I’d hoped – they clear enough for night riding and work great in sunlight. Mine are prescription lenses, so I was keen not to have too many!

crazy-legs

G30 or Persimmon for me, I love the G30’s they’re so versatile. Work in everything from tree cover to bright sunshine.
    It’s very rare that I use the other half dozen or so lenses I’ve got for my Half Jackets, G30’s and Persimmons will cover you for 99% of UK riding.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

VR28 is my choice for all around riding. Only in very high summer, or wide open rides, do I go for anything darker. Winter/wet/night rides get either persimmon or high intensity yellow. Never tried a clear as yet, but I suppose I might get one at some point.

jekyll
    Free Member

Thanks for all the input. Looks like I’ll go with the G30’s.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Gold Iridium. Seems to brighter green tones and make them contrast more.

sq225917
    Free Member

persimmon Mumbo lens in old-old-old sub zero arms, never use anything else.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Gold Iridium

possibly the darkest lenses I’ve ever used. They are too dark for a shady day, let alone under tree cover. Nice for a very sunny day though 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Oakley G30 lense or others for trail usage’ is closed to new replies.