Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Oakely Jawbone, Any advice on lense colour?
  • BontyBuns
    Free Member

Said specs

http://uk.oakley.com/custom/jawbone

As for lense colour, i just don't know what will suit MTB best. Any suggestions or experiences you might be able to offer?

Houns

Have a play around with this :

http://www.oakley.com/innovation/optical_superiority/lens_tints

Everyone's eyes are different, i for example like really dark lenses and only go clear/persimmon/HI Yellow for really poor weather/night time

molgrips
    Free Member

Transitions. Hands down.

BigGraham
    Free Member

I went for persimmon which is good for low-bright daylight and polarized dark ones for brightness! crc do other lenses in non fancy tints for about £40 if you want a yellow/clear night set etc defo get the vented ones whatever colour you get though

DT78
    Free Member

I have transitions (on my half jackets) and they are really good but are limited – not dark enough for me when it is really bright sunlight or for when it gets dark under the trees (around 8pm ish at the moment).

I'm looking at jawbones at the mo and was planning on polarised black iridium / yellow.

molgrips
    Free Member

Transitions are dark enough for me in full sun.

woffle
    Free Member

I'm looking at jawbones at the mo and was planning on polarised black iridium / yellow.

that's what I went for – wore the yellow commuting all through the winter from dawn to dusk. This summer bought the polarized iridium + persimmon set too (for the former really) – if anyone's interested I'll sell them the persimmon for £25 as I've not really used them a great deal…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You will need the following;
    VR28 – all rounder
    black or Gold Iridium for the bright lights (Gold better if you ski, black better if you sail)
    Persimmon – For the grey dull days. Also ace in snow/whiteouts.

DT78
    Free Member

Anyone use the vr50 photochromatic lens? Is it like the transition lense?

SOAP
    Free Member

yep I have vr50's brown and they are fantastic in full sun and then entering wooded areas with no problems! great

DT78
    Free Member

Ta. Why do they have soooo many lenses that appear to be pretty much the same!

That lens site is cool though

jeffdoran
    Free Member

I have the photochromatics and they pretty much cover all conditions. Have been caught out once entering a dark section of woods in late evening but otherwise brilliant for all occasions.

deluded
    Free Member

I have Jawbones with persimmon lenses and they're excellent.

Persimmon lenses are good for flat to low light. Apparently they filter blue light to boost contrast and enhance depth perception in overcast or shaded conditions.

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

I've got the black persimmon Transitions lens (amongst others). It's great for trail centres where you're in and out of trees – it never seems to get that dark but even in full sun they are comfortable and your eyes adjust to them quickly. Also have Positive red polarised (full sun rides), light positive red vented (sun and cloud) and clear vented (not sure if I've worn these yet!) Each has a role but the new clear black Transitions could well be the perfect lens. Get vented if you can though as stated.

bazzer
    Free Member

Woffle are your persimmon lenses vented ?

If they are 100% perfect and scratch free I will have them for £25 posted ?

I bought a pair of Jawbones which came with a pair of persimmon lenses and I lost one of them out of the box before I had even used them 🙁

Bazzer

woffle
    Free Member

Woffle are your persimmon lenses vented ?

If they are 100% perfect and scratch free I will have them for £25 posted ?

No – sorry not vented. Couple of small marks but nothing that you notice when you're wearing them – hadn't spotted them when I put them back in the case. So £23 posted if you're interested (which is 50% of RRP)…

bazzer
    Free Member

Can you post a picture of the marking ? sorry to be a pain. Do you have an email address we can take it offline and not spam others ?

They are £35 from steptoes at the moment.

Bazzer

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

They're hideous.

Get yourself down Specsavers and get your eyes checked professionally before proceeding with this purchase.

woffle
    Free Member

Can you post a picture of the marking ? sorry to be a pain. Do you have an email address we can take it offline and not spam others ?

sure jwoffle {AT@] go oglemail DOT com

Cheers

Steptoes have lost their contract with Oakley

Shame but not entirely surprising given their aggressive (for Oakley) discounting.

They're hideous.

They're not pretty, I'll give you that. But for cycling I've not found a better make or fit of sunglasses for my big head. And the lenses are excellent too. For off the bike I'll stick to vintage Persol and Raybans…

bazzer
    Free Member

I agree they are not the best looking specs in the world but as woffle says they work really well. They sit close to the face so stuff does not get by them and they are quite big. Also the lenses are superb.

Bazzer

molgrips
    Free Member

Jawbones do look a bit daft on me, granted. Plus, they restrict peripheral vision a bit which I don't really like. However, they don't catch the reflection off your face when you ride into the sun which is good.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

G30 vented for me. Work superbly.

DrJ

Get green if you think you have a chance of winning the TdF points competition.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Has anyone used http://www.sunglassesuk.com before?

similar price to steptoes for jawbones but also with a 10% discount code (pr8995)

clowner
    Free Member

How are the jawbones for fogging?

Quite fancy the iridium red polarised but don't know if I'd be better going for one of the vented lenses

fingers202
    Free Member

I have the red polarised and find them excellent, but don't suit me.

I am just about to place an ad in classifieds for them. Worn 3 times, complete black frames, red polarised lens with persimmon spare £155 recorded delivery.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have vented lenses, and they fog on the MTB on slow climbs. I only use them for road…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Oakely Jawbone, Any advice on lense colour?’ is closed to new replies.