Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • o2 W@nkers!! alternative Sim for iPhone?
  • Podium
    Free Member

iPhone contract ends today so was gonna get a pac code and go payg as I am a very low user…

Phone was bought by the OH,transferred the online account to my name ages ago [via phone call with an o2 bod,as it can’t be changed manually online]
    Spoke to a very obnoxious dude that said I am committing fraud and need to change the online account name from mine to hers.He said he cannot help me until this is done.

Hmm.I cant do that as there is no way to do it yourself…

Rang again and it seems mateyboy was talking complete poo.Not the first time I have had conflicting “advice” from o2 bods.

By now I am getting annoyed,mainly at his tone [and BS] so no longer want to be an O2 customer,which I have been for years.

So now I need to get a payg Sim card that I can transfer my old number too.Any recommendations? I will mainly use VOIP via Truphone/Skype but need to keep my old number, so I guess I will have to hack the phone to use a non o2 Sim?

Any good payg sim deals out there or providers you recommend?

For those naughty folk who have hacked their iPhone 😉 could you point me in the right direction perleez.

Ta muchly.

GrahamS

I don’t think you can Jailbreak and up-to-date iPhone at the moment.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    I don’t think you can Jailbreak and up-to-date iPhone at the moment.

Yes you can.. 😉

Podium
    Free Member

Ahh,poonabs.

The phone has version 2.2.1 software installed.

Can I not just get any old sim,transfer my current number,but only use voip,with no sim inserted? Just like using a Touch with mic??

ourkidsam
    Free Member

You still need to pay for the data Voip uses

fbk
    Free Member

Unless you use it via Wifi!

woffle
    Free Member

You still need to pay for the data Voip uses

What? Even over wifi?

Podium
    Free Member

I assumed if I make a call using Truphone ,who can route the call via gprs to the internet [when I am out and about] that I just pay out of my Truphone credit.

Or am I missing something?

Podium
    Free Member

Any iPhone owners using a non o2 sim and voip with a definitive answer and recommendations on Sim/Hacks to consider.

Cheers

ourkidsam
    Free Member

damn, too slow for the edit! No, you won’t need to pay for the data over WiFi

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘o2 W@nkers!! alternative Sim for iPhone?’ is closed to new replies.